CPU Usage Stats

matchattaxoutlet

Hi all,

I am seeing spikes in my CPU usage stats in my web hosting panel and as a consequence of this my site is occasionally restricted.

I have raised this with my web hosting support team and they put it down to heavy usage periods, however, i am also seeing these spikes in the middle of the night. Here is part of the response from them;

"Looking closely I can see a lot of hits to:
/js/plugins.php 149,171
/js/styles/styles.php 148,264 

These two pages by far are the highest hit pages, with the homepage being:
/ 14,188

The traffic does seem to come from a good range of IP, and there is a little bot traffic compared to what I believe to be legitimate traffic. I see you have a robots.txt file in place to control this.

What have you got running as part of those plugins? Are you able to contact a developer as this would suggest the design and plugins may be coded non-efficiently, and a developer may be able to shed light on this?
a fairly large amount of traffic, with :

1,910,770 Hits
(95 Hits/Visit)

This month so far, it may be a signal to upgrade, let me know if you would like any information on that, however reviewing your plugins and themes may help towards the issue."

Can anyone shed any light on what may be causing this?

Thanks in Advance

Those files take an array of data, and essentially just act as loaders for the files. So rather than having a direct link to a javascript file or css file, it calls in the script which then reads the file, and outputs the content to the browser.

I imagine this is to solve issues of js or css files being cached and not showing up to date changes, which can sometimes be an issue.

They should each only get called once per page though.. if you're getting 95 hits per visit, that's a little weird. I'd have a look in the files and make sure there's nothing untoward in them just in case, just have a compare of them to the ones in a clean download from cubecart.

Either that or maybe you've got a lot of ajax content and each one is calling that script, possible, not sure.

Do you have lots of plugins or mods? The more javascript and css files it has to read, the more load would be on those particular files, so it might be that they're trying to load in a lot more files than in a regular store

Can't think of much else that might help without going into debugging or such