How easy is it to go back to CC4?

PeteW1959

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the bugs in CC5 and wish I had never upgraded. I am losing customers now, and I really want to go back to 4.

Can this be done? I don't mind manually editing tables etc., and I am OK with running SQL queries to change the data. I just need to know what needs changing.

There are a few changes to the way fundamental bits are stored, mostly images and such that cause the problem I think.. otherwise, the data in the tables isn't too dissimilar

Do you still have a backup of the cc4 and the database file? If so, I'd probably recommend just reinstalling that in a subfolder you can work on, then try and just port over any live, changed data.

In general, the only tables that are super important for that are:

documents, customers, inventory, category, cats_idx, order summary, order inventory

Anything else is mostly either statistics or config, which might not be applicable or particularly important

You might find it easiest to take a copy of the database tables from 5, rename them so they don't conflict and import them onto the 4, then just try renaming columns to get them to match the cc4 versions, see how close you can get them. That won't be too hard if you have a nice interface like phpmyadmin to work with

Either way, it's likely going to take a bit of work to get running again though, might be better off paying someone to write some php scripts which can just generate all the conversion queries.