Import of stock catalog via .csv, bulk import of store data and images

vidmarc

I'm trying to import around 600 stock items via a .csv file to a new store I'm working on for a friend. I can set the main category on the import but I don't see an option to set the secondary category. Can anybody offer any advice on this? The developer said it's possible over on the other forum but I've not had a reply since asking him how to do so.

Also, I have uploaded around 1,000 images via ftp to the server, all are in folders for each category. Is it also possible to add the image path to the .csv file so all the images will automatically be linked after .csv import?

ps - site is using CC 5.2.5

I'm trying to import around 600 stock items via a .csv file to a new store I'm working on for a friend. I can set the main category on the import but I don't see an option to set the secondary category. Can anybody offer any advice on this?

I'm sorry but right now the import tool will only cater one category. The advice you were given is incorrect. 

Also, I have uploaded around 1,000 images via ftp to the server, all are in folders for each category. Is it also possible to add the image path to the .csv file so all the images will automatically be linked after .csv import?

Good news here.. Please follow these steps;

1. Upload all the files and folder.

2. Login to the admin side of your store and in the "Images" section of "Filemanager" click the "Update File List". 

3. You should then see all the files and folders. 

4. In your CSV file put the path the the image "document relative" to the source folder. 

So for example if the file path is;

store/images/source/tv/xyz.jpg

You will set the path as "tv/xyz.jpg"

How do I import the second/third/fourth etc product images? I have the name and image path listed in my spreadsheet but there's no mapping option for these during the import process. All I see is a "Main Image" option.

1st - Suitings_Stripes/ST001.jpg

2nd - Suitings_Stripes/ST001a.jpg

3rd - Suitings_Stripes/ST001b.jpg

4th - Suitings_Stripes/ST001c.jpg

etc...

I'm unsure as to which folder I need to link to. Do I for example link to "images/cache/..." or to "images/source/..."

I note that not everything in the source folder is included in the cache folder.

I just did a test import and the main images are not displaying either using these image paths. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm trying to import around 600 stock items via a .csv file to a new store I'm working on for a friend. I can set the main category on the import but I don't see an option to set the secondary category. Can anybody offer any advice on this?

I'm sorry but right now the import tool will only cater one category. The advice you were given is incorrect. 

Good news here.. Please follow these steps;

1. Upload all the files and folder.

2. Login to the admin side of your store and in the "Images" section of "Filemanager" click the "Update File List". 

3. You should then see all the files and folders. 

4. In your CSV file put the path the the image "document relative" to the source folder. 

So for example if the file path is;

store/images/source/tv/xyz.jpg

You will set the path as "tv/xyz.jpg"