Anyone using Imperial (Lbs) for product weights

Do you use Imperial (Lbs) or Metric (Kg) for weight  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CubeCart has always supported both Metric (Kg) and Imperial (Lbs) but I wanted to conduct a quick poll to see what the split is between the two for people that use weights. As we dont even use Imperial in the UK any longer, I think if Imperial is used at all, it may be a few people from the USA although I suspect that all shipping calculations are done in metric over there as well now.

If you do use Imperial, as well as voting, could you please leave a reply to say which country you are from and also whether you use it for shipping

Thanks

Ian

Hi

We are about to release a new plugin that works with units of measure and trying to find out whether it is worth going to the hassle of getting it to work with pounds and ounces. I know the USA still use Imperial measurements (funny that for the Republic of America and who would have thought that there would be any country slower than the UK to adopt Metric!) but simply trying to find out if stores still use Imperial for weights of products and things like shipping are calculated using it

Thanks

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

US and Imperial

We still use Imperial as the standard, and that will probably never change in the US. Most specialized trades, video/photo/medical/sciences, etc. use metric regularly, but when it comes to the common people it is imperial. Shipping is done with imperial standards.

I use imperial in my store simply because I ship only to the those in the US.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...