Resolved - 5.2.7 update errors URGENT!

nutbags.co.uk

Hi on logging in to my admin tonight I had the message that I needed to update to the new 5.2.7 cubecart which I did.Since then I've just had a customer call me to say they were trying to place an order but when trying to check out received a message saying something like " page not visible"? I've gone into my admin and can see her orders sitting in the order box(2 duplicate orders where she's tried again) and if I click on the order and try to update its status to order complete etc,I then get a blank page!

any one got any ideas? all working fine before the update.thanks

admin error log is empty

system error log shows this message twice,but from jan 11/12th

"File: [cart.class.php] Line: [267] "SELECT `option_id`, `value_id` FROM `CubeCart_option_assign` WHERE `matrix_include` = 1 AND `assign_id` IN () ORDER BY `option_id`, `value_id` ASC " - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY `option_id`, `value_id` ASC' at line 1"

i've just restored v 5.2.3 from my back up files.Its all working again now though I have an error log saying this

"----- Restore Log from files_5.2.3_08Oct13-175420.zip (23 Jan 2014 - 20:29:17) -----

includes/global.inc.php - Extract Status: write_protected"

I'm not updating back to 5.2.7 unless I hear theres a fix!!

I wonder if the error "page not visible" is generated by your browser if there is no data output? I have nothing to go on right now to be helpful. 

Can we access the store still and reproduce the problem? Our demo store is currently running 5.2.6 which is absolutely identical to 5.2.7 but using the more up to date encoder files which should make no difference. I'm not able to reproduce any errors on there.

Keen to help but I need to get my hands on this error in real time. We haven't had any other reports of this yet.

Maybe you can tell me which payment and shipping modules you have activated and if you have any 3rd party plugins?

@Al,

I think a similar phrase to: "page not visible"

would be: "This page cannot be displayed."

Probably means the browser is timing out waiting for a response from the server.

Any changes to the code as to how a proxy may respond?

Can we arbitrarily blame Internet Explorer 11?

On the other hand, CC527 is now including a default .htaccess file. Could this problem be similar to:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Hi Al payment mods used are paypal,print order form(i use as pay by bank transfer)plus I've added Robix pay on delivery(used for several years with no issues) 

I use all in one shipping. no other plug ins used.

When I tried placing an order myself,on checking out i didn't get any messages,simply a blank page(ignore the "page not displayed" bit earlier.That's what my customer told me so probably a red herring!)I used google chrome not IE11.

My site is hosted by heart internet,I do have two cubecart packages hosted there that are in the same folder.The other website now directs to my nutbags.co.uk site  so effectively only one site.I can see a htaccess.file in the main folder but when you start asking me questions about this side of things,its going beyond my level of competance!!

now that i've backed up to 5.2.3 its all working again but if you come up with any ideas that need me to upgrade again to 5.2.7 then I will.

thanks

Yes that would be fine. The issue is that your store uses SMTP for email which causes a problem without those file changes this is how the issue slipped though testing as the default value is mail(). That adds up to why you got the blank page when you did in the checkout process. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

I just changed my mail sending from SMTP to mail() in my admin pages then updated to 5.2.7 and now it seems fine.

I've placed  a dummy order on the site, I received all the normal emails and all seems to be ok.I'll monitor orders that come through over the weekend but thanks once again for all the help.

Great. I upgraded the PHPMailer and did a file comparison between the old one to check for "drop in" replacement issues and didn't find anything. As email was sending I assumed all was find forgetting about the SMTP setting! There is always something!

Thanks for your patience and understanding.