CC and PHP problem need help with .htaccess file :(

djcaseanova

Okay, so I tried using PHP 5.3 and 5.4 on my site for other scripts, such as forum software, etc.. The issue is that I have CC 5.2.5 installed. I realized this morning 5.2.7 is released and I have not yet updated.

So, apparently, for me to run my forum software I need to be able to use PHP 5.4.x and Cubecart has me running 5.2.17 due to a CGI Wrapper. I wrote my tech support and this is what they told me.

---------------------------

Currently your site is stuck on PHP 5.2 because you've set up a
custom PHP CGI wrapper. Your .htaccess points to it here:

AddHandler php-cgi .php
Action php-cgi
/cgi-bin/dispatch.cgi-

What you're doing here is effectively overriding all of the PHP
configuration settings in the webpanel. You'll need to remove this to be
able to adjust the PHP version from the webpanel. Once you remove or
comment out these lines in your .htaccess, you'll see the site switch
over to 5.4.

Is there a way to fix this handler so that I can run PHP 5.4.x

Ioncube module is installed I believe if that should be of any help.

I'd suggest just giving what they said a try. Rename the ".htaccess" file to ".htaccess-24JAN14" to disable it. I think you will find everything switches to PHP 5.4 and all is fine. :)

If it causes problems just rename that file back again. If no changes are seen then you probably renamed the wrong file. 

I have ioncube installed. I used the ioncube loader wizard to install all the loaders up to 5.5. Still nothing has changed.

When .htaccess is in place, the phpinfo.php file reads PHP 5.2.17 and the store works fine, both before and after installing the latest ioncube loaders.

Renaming .htaccess gives me PHP 5.4.20 and have absolutely no ability to see the store. It gives me no errors, simply a white blank page.

Is there a configuration setting somewhere I should be looking at editing? It seems strictly related to the .htaccess file some how. The contents of that file are listed above and accurate. Do I need to add something to the htaccess file? I don't know much about htaccess files as I've never dealt with them outside of pre-installed scripts.

in the cgi-bin folder there is a php.ini file that says

zend_extension="/home/**********/***********.net/cgi-bin/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so"

Even having changed this to something else made no differences.

Well thats just the thing there are errors but CubeCart disables errors by default which is good for security. If you look in the PHP error log you should see the error. The error is probably that Ioncube isn't loaded. 

So keep the .htaccess renamed to disable it. Drop an "info.php" file into the public_html folder with the content;

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Load http://xxx.com/info.php in your browser and look out for any >mentions of ioncube

This is what comes up in the phpinfo files when I have .htaccess named and renamed.

NOTE: This is not the entire info file, just the PHP related and IONCUBE/ZEND related areas.

PHP Version 5.4.20
System Linux chessman 3.2.48-grsec-rc1+ #64 SMP Wed Jul 17 18:56:06 UTC 2013 x86_64 Build Date Nov 13 2013 20:07:36 Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php54' '--datadir=/usr/local/php54/share' '--localstatedir=/usr/local/php54/var' '--without-pear' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php54' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php54/conf.d' '--with-zend-vm=GOTO' '--enable-cgi' '--enable-fpm' '--enable-libxml=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-calendar=shared' '--enable-ctype=shared' '--enable-dom=shared' '--enable-exif=shared' '--enable-fileinfo=shared' '--enable-filter=shared' '--enable-ftp=shared' '--enable-hash=shared' '--enable-intl=shared' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-mbregex-backtrack' '--enable-pcntl=shared' '--enable-pdo' '--enable-phar=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' '--enable-session=shared' '--enable-shmop=shared' '--enable-simplexml=shared' '--enable-soap=shared' '--enable-sockets=shared' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--enable-tokenizer=shared' '--enable-wddx=shared' '--enable-xml=shared' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--with-openssl=shared' '--with-kerberos' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-sqlite3' '--with-zlib=shared' '--with-bz2=shared' '--with-curl=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gettext=shared' '--with-gmp=shared' '--with-mhash=shared' '--with-iconv=shared' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mcrypt=shared' '--with-msql=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-mysql-sock=/No-MySQL-hostname-was-specified' '--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-readline=shared' '--with-tidy=shared' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-xsl=shared' Server API CGI/FastCGI Virtual Directory Support disabled Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php54 Loaded Configuration File /etc/php54/php.ini Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php54/conf.d Additional .ini files parsed (none) PHP API 20100412 PHP Extension 20100525 Zend Extension 220100525 Zend Extension Build API220100525,NTS PHP Extension Build API20100525,NTS Debug Build no Thread Safety disabled Zend Signal Handling disabled Zend Memory Manager enabled Zend Multibyte Support provided by mbstring IPv6 Support enabled DTrace Support disabled Registered PHP Streams compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, https, ftps, zip, compress.zlib Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls Registered Stream Filters bzip2.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, zlib.*

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright © 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

Looking at the PHP 5.4.20 (.htaccess_renamed) phpinfo file it does NOT show IONCUBE installed.

With .htaccess full functional this is what phpinfo shows me

PHP Version 5.2.17
System Linux chessman 3.2.48-grsec-rc1+ #64 SMP Wed Jul 17 18:56:06 UTC 2013 x86_64 Build Date Mar 1 2012 16:34:58 Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--datadir=/usr/local/php5/share' '--localstatedir=/usr/local/php5/var' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-fastcgi' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php5/lib/pear' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--enable-calendar' '--with-mhash=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/cgi' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php5/cgi/ini.d' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-trans-sid' '--with-gd' '--with-xml' '--with-xsl' '--with-ttf=/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-exif' '--with-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-ftp' '--with-curl=/usr' '--with-pspell=/usr' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mysqli' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-gettext' '--enable-pcntl' Server API CGI/FastCGI Virtual Directory Support disabled Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php5/cgi Loaded Configuration File /home/outwardjourney/treasurepost.net/cgi-bin/php.ini Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php5/cgi/ini.d additional .ini files parsed (none) PHP API 20041225 PHP Extension 20060613 Zend Extension 220060519 Debug Build no Thread Safety disabled Zend Memory Manager enabled IPv6 Support enabled Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, php, file, data, http, ftp Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright © 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright © 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright © 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies

Additional Modules Module Name ionCube Loader

The problem is obvious, with .htaccess its loading a ioncube PHP Loader v4.2.2

I can not seem to get ioncube loaders updated properly. I've tried the loader wizard, the ioncube installer and nothing seems to be working.