5.2.5 - 5.2.7 upgrade

I do not understand "paid for order status stays as pending".

Are you saying that a test order you made, and successfully transacted, is still reported by CubeCart as being at Pending, when you believe it should be at Processing?

If so, may we know what payment gateway was used?

so live orders placed and paid for by paypal still report as pending. My customer thinks the status should change to processing when paid for. Not being a user of the system myself I am not sure of the process - my customer thinks the status is not changing to processing when it should.

CubeCart will change the status of an order to Processing if PayPal sends a properly formatted instant notification (if that's the mode of PayPal you are using).

May we know if PayPal transactions were working normally with CC525? Unless you say otherwise, I will assume so.

We have tested the PayPal module with IPN to death. We had the same issues just the other day and it turned out that IPN was disabled in the customers PayPal account. 

The following article is incredibly useful to help find where the issue is:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNOperations/

More information from PayPal and the merchant:

usually when payment is received the status changes to processing automatically .

We can change the status manually too, For example when we post products out. The customer gets a notification email when the order is processing and again when the
order is complete.
So when you open an order you can change the pending to 5 different options. We are unable to change to any of them?
So it's not automatically going to processing even though payment has been received and we are unable to change it manually -
when you press save it just goes to a blank screen and it remains as pending.

from paypal:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the
following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.11essence.co.uk/shop/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

does this information shed any more light? Looks like it may be an IPN issue but the xtatus not changing, even manually does not sound like the same problem?

thank you

"when you press save it just goes to a blank screen"

A blank screen generally means PHP really didn't like something, so much so that it barely has an opportunity to log the error in the PHP error log (if enabled in the PHP config file, php.ini) before giving up completely. My experiences are generally with problems in the skin template code, but it can happen anywhere.

I hope you have access to the PHP error log.

I do not have access to the php error log and would not know where to look for it!

The admin skin has not been changed at all from default, everything has worked perfectly on this site since 2005 with Cubecart 3. It is just this latest upgrade that has broken it so I am really at a loss how to proceed.

It seems two errors have been introduced:

1. it is not possible to change the order status - manually or when the payment is made

2. the paypal ipn notifications are failing when they have always previously worked.

The upgrade was completed via the admin panel, it automatically went from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7 the maintenance page says: "Your store is currently using the latest version. Please click force upgrade to restore to the default code for this version." I am reluctant to hit this option because I do not know what it will do. WIll it over write the skin? We have not added any additional functionality to this version it had all the add-ins we used in CC3 included as standard.

Thank you for your help. 

just checked out the paypal account and for each order received paypal is retrying to send the instant notification. I have checked the address and set in the paypal account and this is fine, set by default in the CC5 setup I think anyway - so that should all be fine. Not sure where else to look now?

I wonder if the errors are getting logged to CubeCart's error log. Please visit admin, Error Logs.

"I am reluctant to hit this option because I do not know what it will do. WIll it over write the skin?"

Any upgrade, forced or otherwise, will overwrite all stock code files including the stock skins. If you are using a custom skin, or an edited version of a copy of a stock skin, that skin will not be overwritten. Forcing an upgrade isn't really an upgrade -- the process overwrites all stock files with uncorrupted files, necessary if edits to core files have gotten out of hand and a fresh start is needed. (It's generally the same as the site owner FTP'ing the same version installation package over the existing installation.)

the error log has nothing after this one from 23rd January

File: [database.class.php] Line: [576] "SELECT COUNT(*) AS Count FROM `cc5_`cc5_CubeCart_inventory` AS `I` LEFT JOIN `cc5_CubeCart_option_matrix` AS `M` on `I`.`product_id` = `M`.`product_id`` WHERE use_stock_level = 1 AND (((I.stock_warning > 0 AND M.stock_level <= I.stock_warning) OR (I.stock_warning <= 0 AND M.stock_level <= 0)) OR ((I.stock_warning > 0 AND I.stock_level <= I.stock_warning) OR (I.stock_warning <= 0 AND I.stock_level <= 0)));" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '` AS `I` LEFT JOIN `cc5_CubeCart_option_matrix` AS `M` on `I`.`product_id` = `M`' at line 1

There are many of these, and they started after the upgrade from 5.2.3 to 5.2.5! 

If you can, would you please get into your site and look at the properties of this CC527 file, /classes/order.class.php. It is supposed to be 44kb (44391 bytes) in size.

This is my last best guess. Any further suggestions from me will be really off the wall, and will demand high levels of participation from you to help solve.

The error log for your hosted account should be available from your hosting control panel.

I think this may be related to the following issue:

>

When you change statius it fires an email. This is the most likely reason for the blank page.

Please either replace the files in that linked topic above or in the advanced section of your stores settings please change the email method to mail(). 

I changed the email method to mail() and was able to change the order status from pending to processed. So that worked, thank you.

I will check that the emails were send and confirm that the PayPal IPN notifications are updating correctly later.

Thank you all for  your efforts and replies - greatly appreciated.