Selling combined and separate products?

Martin Lines

I am looking for a way to sell both separate products and combined products whilst maintaining the correct stock levels so that I do not sell items that are not in stock.

So for example

I want an item in the store called "springs" which sells car springs

I want another item in the stores called "shocks" which sells car shock absorbers.

I want a third item in the store called "Lift Kits" which sells a kit consisting of "springs" and "shocks"

If I sell a Lift Kit then I want the number of available Shocks and Springs to reduce appropriately so that I do not try to sell the same item twice.

If I sell some shocks to the point where my stock holding means I cannot fulfil a "Lift Kit" sale, then I would like the quantity of lift kits to show "out of stock" as I can no longer fulfil the complete kit list.

I cannot see if it is possible to do this

Martin

• 4 months later...

I am in desperate need of exactly what you describe, Martin. 

Is there no chance of somebody creating this plugin? It seems astonishing that it doesn't already exist.

The reason it hasnt been developed previously is that while it may be important for a few people selling products in this way, the vast majority of people using CubeCart would have no need of this functionality - it would not therefore be high on the list (actually I doubt it will ever be on the list !) of development work to be added to the core product and there is little money in it for a third party developer to create this unless it is completely or mostly funded. We can certainly develop this plugin for you but there is a reasonable amount of work involved, if you are interested please contact us.

Thanks

Ian