Universal analytics

Ms Holly

In the skin template file main.php, just above </head>, there is code that starts with {if $ANALYTICS}. This template is used as the foundation where any and all other content gets added into it.

So, yes, replacing everything you see between {literal} and {/literal} with whatever tracking script you have would work and would show up on all pages.

• 4 months later...

I am still on 5.2.12 and will not be upgrading until I really have to - (because I am frightened of breaking the hard work Brian has helped me with in terms of getting my custom mods to work properly.)

I am however keen on upgrading Analytics to the latest version as my website seems to be working now, quite well in terms of sales and I want to know more about the customers.

sooo, I will implement this now following Brian's advice above and report back once I know if its working properly- you know me, I will be back to report if its not working too.

** For those using the Vector skin go to line 79 for the part you are looking to replace - its not at the top.