Items / Products In Specific Order

CarbDude

I'm new to using CubeCart so please be patient with my questions... My web design folks are actually the ones who recommended and implemented CubeCart v5.2.5 into my NEW Website design....

So here's what I'm trying to do, I want to set the specific order for each of my items / products, on each of my websites pages / catagories...

I've gone into the Admin Controll Panel > Inventory > Catagories > Products > ADD Products >

from here, How and Where do I set the specific - Sequential Order of the product items into their Catagories?

*Also, If possible, Once set, I prefer that those looking at the website, not be able to change the Sort By view change.

Thank You

Welcome CarbDude! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

There is this third-party product:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17580

Also, this conversation, but it is probably too old:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17501

Give me just a bit of time, and we can explore how to change the skin to remove the sorters.

Using the Kurouto skin as an example, the template file content.category.php has this chunk of code:

{if isset($SORTING)}
    {$LANG.form.sort_by}
    <select name="sort" class="auto_submit">
      <option value="">{$LANG.form.please_select}</option>
      {foreach from=$SORTING item=sort}
      <option value="{$sort.field}|{$sort.order}" {$sort.selected}>{$sort.name} ({$sort.direction})</option>
      {/foreach}
    </select>
    <input type="submit" value="{$LANG.form.sort}" />
    {/if}

In order to easily restore it should you later change your mind, let's just force the test to false.

{if false && isset($SORTING)}

There is an identical chunk of code near the end of the template.

If you are using a non-stock skin, such as a third-party Fusion-based skin, there might be a setting in the skin's control panel that will make visible or hide the sorters.

Hi there. I'm also desperately needing some help with this.

I'd like to to set a custom sort order for products within each category in CC5, perhaps by targetting categories by ID?

For example, list products in the category "books" by date-added (asc), "coming soon" by date-added (desc) and "authors" alphabetically (asc).

I've seen the mod that allows a number to be placed next to each product, but this would be too difficult for the client to control, as in some instances it would require every product to be re-numbered.

Any help much appreciated...

@bsmither - thank you so much. I'd also posted this under my old log-in for cubecartfroums.org as this forum was initially displaying a malware warning from Google.

As I replied on cubecartfroums.org, this is exactly what I required. Can't wait to carry out the mods on the store and see this working. Thanks again...