Currency problems

bkessler91

I am having customers tell me that they randomly see all the prices change to the same price, and the currency change to pounds, or some type of currency with a goofy symbol.  Also when this happens, images are mismatched with products.

I have replicated this once, and found this error message at the top of the browser.

Notice: `name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table! in /home/domain/public_html/shopping_cart/classes/db/database.class.php on line 809

Notice: `name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table! in /home/domain/public_html/shopping_cart/classes/db/database.class.php on line 809

I should have taken a screen shot, but stupidly did not.

When the name of a legitimate column in a legitimate table in a legitimate CubeCart database is reported as being not allowed as a key, it is because for an extraordinarily brief period of time, the server running the PHP application (CubeCart) could not communicate with the server running the database.

This notice of the break in communication will show in the PHP error log -- not necessarily anywhere else.

The PHP application is given the opportunity to check the result of the query for a false state or an error condition. CubeCart's database code (DB class) does do this. So, if the code (Catalogue class) that calls the database code (DB class) is correctly coded to always test for a false or error condition resulting from a query (as known by the DB class), and deal with this possibility, nasty/bizarre things tend to not happen.

However, if the Catalogue code does not check the result delivered by the DB code (and there are places in CubeCart where no such check is made), there can be the situation where the processed data developed from a previous query result, not having been unset, but expected to be overwritten, is still present and will be inadvertently used again.

Seeing

File: [cart.class.php] Line: [272] "SELECT `option_id`, `value_id` FROM `CubeCart_option_assign` WHERE `matrix_include` = 1 AND `assign_id` IN () ORDER BY `option_id`, `value_id` ASC " - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY `option_id`, `value_id` ASC' at line 1

I've seen this before (I think) when an option group (color) or an option value (blue) does not have an actual value. In other words, you tried to add 'Blue' to 'Color', but CubeCart just saw a blank.

Please review all your options.

--OR--

The product that was just added to the cart may have, as an option, a text entry field. This option's value (the text that would have been entered) is a blank.

Other than the error message, is the adding of products to the cart working normally - as far as you can tell?