Interesting TAX problem... subtracting from price

djcaseanova

Okay, so I have a test product in my store I am working with.

I have created a State sales tax, enabled everything accordingly (I think), when I go to check it out in the store. I see my test product listed at $4.00 on the site. When I add it to the basket and go to my basket, it has then changed the unit price  and "price" from $4.00 to $3.70

The shipping is at $0.00

Tax is stating $0.30

There should NOT be any tax displayed because I am viewing as guest. AND... why is the TAX subtracting from the price of the product and adding it back as tax to make the total back to $4.00????

Okay, so I have a test product in my store I am working with.

I have created a State sales tax, enabled everything accordingly (I think), when I go to check it out in the store. I see my test product listed at $4.00 on the site. When I add it to the basket and go to my basket, it has then changed the unit price  and "price" from $4.00 to $3.70

The shipping is at $0.00

Tax is stating $0.30

There should NOT be any tax displayed because I am viewing as guest. AND... why is the TAX subtracting from the price of the product and adding it back as tax to make the total back to $4.00????

UPDATE:

OK, fixed the tax inclusion. Apparently it didn't save "tax included" on the product when Disabled it. However, now it is showing $4.00 properly, yet still charging tax for guests. This should only be charging tax for those in a particular state.

UPON FURHTER INSPECTION...

When a GUEST tries to check out, the tax is automatically included. If they do live outside the state, they manually have to click "update cart" before hitting check out, otherwise they are charged tax. Furthermore.... if they click a state outside the tax zone and update their cart, it takes the tax off. HOWEVER, if they go back to change their state afterwards to the taxable state and hit check out without updating, they are not charged tax.... NOT GOOD!

Is there a way to force users to sign up before being able to complete the checkout process so tax is displayed correctly? Because ALL 1st time visitors are guests until they register an account, and consequently will see incorrect pricing.

CubeCart does not know the delivery address of the customer until it is provided.

Until that time, there should be a tiny 1 next to the shipping charges and (if I recall) taxes. Then there is an explanatory note just a bit farther down (Estimated rates yada-yada).

Until CubeCart knows a valid delivery address, CubeCart will use your store's address as an estimated delivery address.

Personally, I don't like it. I have made edits to bypass shipping and tax calculations altogether until an address is known. (I may have posted those edits here or there.)

Now, changing delivery address mid-checkout -- that's something to be looked into.

I think this might be it, but I'm inconsistent about commenting hacks so I can spot them later :(

In content.checkout.confirm.php in KUROUTO SKIN 5.2.5 a little above {if $TERMS_CONDITIONS}

<div class="hidden"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

It was easier in Blueprint. I just had to comment out a section:

<!-- <p>
<input id="guest_checkout" class="radio" type="radio" value="" name="register" checked />
<label for="guest_checkout">{$LANG.common.guest} {$LANG.checkout.checkout}</label>
</p>-->

Changing the wording is done from Admin/Settings/Languages, so that shouldn't be difficult. As for the password, our kurouto store does show the password part using the hack. Here's that section of mine:

<!-- HACK TO REQUIRE REGISTRATION -->	 
	  <div class="hidden"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>
	  <!-- END HACK -->
<fieldset id="account-reg"><legend>{$LANG.account.password}</legend>
		<div><label for="reg_password">{$LANG.user.password_new}</label></span><input type="password" autocomplete="off" name="password" id="reg_password" class="textbox required" value="" /> *</span></div>
		<div><label for="reg_passconf">{$LANG.user.password_confirm}</label></span><input type="password" autocomplete="off" name="passconf" id="reg_passconf" class="textbox required" value="" /> *</span></div>

{if $TERMS_CONDITIONS}