Vector Issue.

Nik Grey

Say wazzat?

Then the only discernable way this is failing, blaming the skin, is if the skin can't be rendered -- regardless of the fact that the skin has nothing to do with the ajax calls.

Let's try this:

In /ajax/config.php, line 5, change:

require CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.'controllers'.CC_DS.'controller.index.inc.php';

to:

require CC_INCLUDES_DIR.'functions.inc.php';$GLOBALS['db'] = Database::getInstance($glob);
$GLOBALS['config'] = Config::getInstance($glob);unset($glob);$GLOBALS['config']->merge('config', '', $config_default);
$GLOBALS['tax'] = Tax::getInstance();
What we are attempting to do is to not work all the way through the controller file, but rather to choose only those parts of CubeCart that /ajax/getprice.php and /ajax/genimage.php require.

Hopefully, the specific classes will work as is.

We got quite a way last night with this, The tool is just about appearing as expected - just need to tinker with the style sheet to get it all looking correct now.

I'm eager for another day of tweaking this :) AND I think all the edits we made only related to my tools files so as long as they don't get touched I should be ok.. no more problems once we have finished..

The only thing is, I still don't know what they problem was !

We need to carefully remove the tracker code that was added to help find the problems. (Don't forget language.class.php, line 79.) Once all that is stripped out, you can then rename ini-custom.inc.php to some other temporary name and delete the log file it created.

Here is my brief summary (wild guess) as to what the problem was:

The Vector skin is Fusion-based. As such, Fusion is required to be running prior to when CubeCart tells Smarty what skin to be using.

When specific Tool files were called via ajax requests, those files had CubeCart run through its controller file.

For a reason I have not yet determined, Smarty was crashing on the skin when CubeCart was running through all the things it does via the controller.

Thus, the Tool's file never finished executing and no data was received by the ajax caller.

What we did (mostly), was to 'micro-manage' CubeCart's waking-up to avoid the point where the skin is initialized.

Was the only change outside of the Lettering Tool files that language.class.php edit ?

if so if I over wrote the lettering tool files again with that folder you made which always worked it should work again ?

I had removed all of the tracker references, obviously I must have missed something - I just went through the list, I had 'Change XX to XX' all the way through so I had everything that was there originally - should have been simple :(

I'm going over it all again.

When I change:

final protected function __construct() {

To:

final protected function __construct() { dbgClue(__METHOD__);

Everything breaks and I just get white pages in admin and the store front.

making edits in the  /classes/language.class.php

Thanks Brian, I just saw your latest email.

I will go through this again in the morning, first thing. I had to come back to comment as I cant sleep thinking about this.

I think I know where my 'Code Oversion' stems from..

In 198x I had a sinclair Spectrum and at the time we used to read magazines which provided pages of code for us to type in for a simple program... I used to read the code from the magazine ( as it was my computer) and my neighbour would do the actual typing.. After sometimes Two days of 'Coding' we would hit Enter, expecting great things but simply getting a 'Syntax Error' message.

I have been an early adopter of the popular machines since then, I was even one of the first people in my major town of Norwich (certainly at my College) to go 'Online' in 1995 (it was expensive) but yet I still do not understand the logic of coding :(

Frustrating.

Outstanding, now my trial key has expired and Shopdev do not reply to tickets..

So I purchased the Skin, went over Brians instructions time and time again - Nothing was working so I went outside for some air and Bingo.. when I tried again a few minutes later all was well :)

Big Thanks to Brian again, absolutely outstanding help - and a very patient man indeed.

.. now to conquer the next problem - Image Uploader not working :(