Site askes for login after being idle for sometime

horsthuis

Another strange issue.

After being idle some time on the website.It automaticly shows the login option after clicking on a link.
The login option should only show up when I choose too. Not random.

I hope I explained correctly

Any idea what is wrong?

cc5.28 - using modified mican/blue template.

Greetings,

Tim

If you are referring to accessing admin pages, then, yes, CubeCart admin will ask you to log in in order to proceed with admin tasks -- if you have not requested a page in 60 minutes.

If you are referring to the customer experience, then I agree that as long as any requested page does not require being logged in, one shouldn't need to log in if, having not requested a page in 60 minutes, you happen to drop out of being logged in.

The logged in status is dependent on the successful delivery of CubeCart's cookies. If, for some reason, your browser fails to include the cookies that CubeCart delivered to you on any page request, CubeCart cannot maintain the "session". A broken session means the visitor is no longer logged in, and the shopping basket is empty.

Not remembering your password? So, once logged out, are you saying you can never log back in because your password is never recognized since getting logged out?

And you are saying that you may find yourself logged out when you are certain you have made this page request well within 60 minutes of the previous page request?

Also, CubeCart will intentionally kill a session if that session browser data does not match current browser data. That is, if the IP address of your home network changes, or the browser's "user agent string" changes (version number, mobile name, etc), then the session is killed.

I have set remember my password but it is not remembering anything.

After I log out it will not even show the username i logged in with before. how can I make sure it remembers that?

I can still login again.. But I should get logged in automaticly not ?

Another strange issue.

After being idle some time on the website.It automaticly shows the login option after clicking on a link.
The login option should only show up when I choose too. Not random.

I hope I explained correctly

Any idea what is wrong?

cc5.28 - using modified mican/blue template.

Greetings,

Tim

This occurs when I am not logged in. and when I click on stuff after some time, I get a login popup. even when I don't want to login at all at that moment.

Edited by horsthuis