adding Postal Address bug in V5.2.8 - able to add new customer but not

iant

1. on the tab "add customer " create a new customer. http://demo.cubecart.com/cc5/admin.php?_g=customers&action=add

3. fill out basic details in genral.

4 click save

5. click on address tab then add address.

6. click save and the address doesn't appear. may only show customer name if lucky

I had a little play about and tried this method below that did work - although not very intuitive.

1. on the tab "add customer " create a new customer. http://demo.cubecart.com/cc5/admin.php?_g=customers&action=add

fill out customer info then click address "DONT CLICK SAVE"

2. go to address tab and add address

3. Then save and it works.

Maybe if adding a new account/customer in the admin area you should be notified to add a address before the save button is hit on the 1st page

Just tried to add a customer with an address and was again unsuccessful this is definably a bug, Is there instructions on how to add a customer with an postal address in CC5.2.8

Why did I downgrade my store from CC4 to CC5.2.8 :angry2: . CC5 is very buggy.

I just went through the steps in post #4 (the first group).

I saved the general info and was taken back to the list of all customers.

I clicked the edit icon for the recently added customer, clicked on the Addresses tab, and clicked on Add Address.

A "lightbox" form was presented, the data filled out, and when I clicked submit (or OK or whatever it was), the "lightbox" went away and the description of this address (I said Primary) was placed in the list of addresses. Then I clicked Save and was taken back to the list of all customers.

Again, I clicked the edit icon for that customer, clicked the Addresses tab, and saw that the complete address was shown in the list of addresses.

What was confusing to me at first was that, after the "lightbox" faded away, Primary was the only thing showing in the list of addresses. I still had to click Save.

At first, I thought that the data in the "lightbox" was sent by ajax to the database. That is, without requiring a POST and a GET page request - as all form submissions are usually handled - the javascript sent the data via AJAX to the database, and indicated a successful adding of an address by the appearance of the address's description (Primary) in the list of addresses.

But that's not the case.

Plus, the "lightbox" method is too different than any other method of adding an item to a list, such as adding a customer to a group membership. In the Customer Group case, the background of an unsaved addition is light pink(?), while a recorded addition is light grey. How would anyone know that?

Devellion, may I suggest that you add a more awareness(?) indicator that saving is still necessary. Such as:

Primary -- Pending Save

I would also suggest maintaining consistency in the User Experience across similar actions. If you are going to have a lightbox form entry, do a lightbox form entry for all forms.

Why did I downgrade my store from CC4 to CC5.2.8 :angry2: . CC5 is very buggy.

I'm sorry you have had problems. Bug reports in v5 are few and far between these days and on the whole customers are happy. If v5 isn't right then you need to consider a totally different ecommerce solution as v4 is not supported any more and may not be compatible with future PHP & MySQL versions.

I'm sure we can get any outstanding issues resolved. If you want dedicated staff attention please send a support ticket.