error message "this e mail is already in use"

rosarymau

I am having a big problem with customers apparently being automatically registered or just registered then not being able to purchase as a ghost customer. I know I am loosing orders because of this and the longer I am using cube cart the more critical the problem becomes. Is there a fix for this as to me a customer should be able to order regardless of registered/ghost status. I am running 5.2.4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Yes we upgraded hoping this would be sorted but we still have problems. That sorted out the problem of cube cart not being able to count. Mods index is now working on a mod for me but no joy so far. If this does not work we will be migrating to another cart in June.

We removed the checkbox we had enabled to state a client was "required" to create an account so they can do guest purchases.

We added big notice that guest purchases are possible except if the email address was previously used to create an account, in which case customer must login to their account to place order if using that email. Please call if you need password reset.

About all we could do on that for now.

Waiting on 5.2.9 to move from 5.2.5.