Manual - Create Order for customer

harrisorganic

Hi Cubecart,

I received an email from a client today saying that they could not access my 5.2.5 shopping cart. We will leave that issue for the moment as I believe it is working.

I created an order for the client through the admin panel. Dashboard orders, create etc.

Insert the customers address etc and then saved it.

Then changed the order status from pending to processing.

I did not receive an email confirming the order.

Does that also mean the client did not get an email? How can you find out?

Is it normal with a manual create?

I wanted to print out the order from the admin panel, using control p gives me 4 pages, is there a better method?

Is there a previous answer to this?

regards

Duncan

"I did not receive an email confirming the order."

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, 'Order status for admin email notifications', what is this set to? If it is Processing, then I believe an email should have been sent when the order was moved to Processing.

However, if set at Pending, I'm not so sure because an admin-created order does not cause the order to be moved to Pending. It just is. (But I will verify that.) And, you just now created the order - having an email tell you that that happened could be considered superfluous. On the other hand, I can see where this would be advantageous.

"Does that also mean the client did not get an email? How can you find out?"

The customer should have received an email when the order was moved to Processing. The customer does not get an email when the order gets set to Pending during the checkout sequence. CubeCart does not keep a log of email attempts.

There would have to be several aspects in play to know if an email was sent:

* if using PHP mail(), your hosting provider would need to have the server's mailer's logging system switched onIf your email settings

* if using an outside SMTP mailer, that mailer would need to be configured to place a copy of all outgoing mails in the Sent Mail folder. Not all SMTP servers do this (Google does not if not using the web interface, Zoho does).

"Is it normal with a manual create?"

There are a number of aspects to an admin-created order that cannot currently be accomplished and is simply not done versus what the customer can do and what CubeCart does. There is a hack that will fix the digital download situation on these forums.

"I wanted to print out the order from the admin panel, using control p gives me 4 pages, is there a better method?"

I think CTRL-P when viewing a web page is asking the browser to print the web page, as opposed to printing a "receipt" or "packing list" of an order. When viewing orders, you can select a series of orders and the choose "Print an Invoice" from the drop-down selector at the bottom of the list. When editing an individual order, click the printer icon at the top-left corner of the page shown on the General tab.

In admin, Store SettingsFeatures tab, 'Order status for admin email notifications', what is this set to? If it is Processing, then I believe an email should have been sent when the order was moved to Processing. 

Answer

It is set to processing and the client has confirmed they received an email.  :)

And yes "Print an Invoice" works from the view order menu.

Many thanks.

Next I would love to see the admin able to make a manual order and then the customer able to log in, confirm order and make payment.

I think CC528 is the closest we have come to getting this right.

Expressing your desire for this functionality means you have tried it in CC525 and it didn't work as expected, or you didn't try at all.

Admin-created, Customer-completed orders is getting worked on.