Uploading Product List Type to coupons

Dspooner

In what manner will the 'upload' take place?

The list of products to include, or the list of products to exclude are run through PHP's serialize() function. The result as seen in the CubeCart_coupon database table is of the format:

a:2:{i:0;s:7:"exclude";i:1;s:1:"1";}

That is:

an array with two elements comprising of:

index 0; string of length 7: "exclude";

index 1; string of length 1: "1"; (<- the product_id)

The other columns in the coupon table are straightforward. (If there is a value in the cart_order_id column, then this is actually a Gift Certificate.)

"Do I just put these in an Excel file, and were do I upload the file?"

Excel can be used to create a CSV file, and while in Excel, the spreadsheet will look like this:

1 | status | code | product_id                           | discount_percent | discount_price | expires    | allowed_uses | min_subtotal | count | shipping | description       |
2 |      1 | ABC1 | a:2:{i:0;s:7:"exclude";i:1;s:1:"1";} |             0.00 |          10.00 | 2014-04-30 |           10 |         0.00 |     0 |        0 | Coupon Named ABC1 |
3 |

As discussed earlier, the serialization of the 'product_id' column needs to have the proper format.

Then, the CSV file that Excel will save this spreadsheet as, you can have phpMyAdmin import that file into the CubeCart_coupons table.

In admin, go to Products. View the Product Inventory list. Hover the mouse cursor over the name of a product. Your browser should indicate in some manner the web address the link points to. For example: hllp://www.store.com/admin.php?_g=products&sort%5Bupdated%5D=DESC&action=edit&product_id=3

It is the 3 that is the product_id and it would be the 3 that would be in the serialize string: a:2:{i:0;s:7:"exclude";i:1;s:1:"3";}

A serialed string that excludes three products would be:

a:4:{i:0;s:7:"exclude";i:1;s:1:"3";i:2;s:1:"7";i:3;s:2:"18";}

meaning, exclude the products where the product_id is 3, 7 and 18. And not that the serialized array now has 4 elements.

The SKU being "CC12345" is known to CubeCart as the product's product_code.