Q: CC 5.2.8 and Vector skin ?

SimChris

Hi, folks,

long time no talk and all that.

Was about to do the good ol' manual upgrade to 5.2.8 from 5.2.5 on Sat a.m. 3/1 and noticed a bunch of chatter about the Vector skin.

For those using CC 5.2.8 and Vector, is there a specific problem with 5.2.8 and Vector in general, or were the various issues in posts I'm seeing specific to various custom setups?

Upshot:

no modified CC 5.2.8 + Vector skin latest edition -- working or borked ?

I put in a ticket to the Vector folk asking them about this but it does take them 2-3 days to reply (but they do eventually).

Thanks for any heads up. Don't want to bork my shop as I'm in midst of updating plans/pricing for March.

Chris

Chris

What specific posts / chatter are you talking about ? We have a lot of clients using Vector on a variety of 5.2.X versions including 5.2.8 and are not aware of any specific Vector related problems except the Chrome SSL issue which is fixed by the small code change detailed here : http://my.shopdev.co.uk/knowledgebase/26/Secure-pages-dont-display-properly-in-chrome.html CubeCart has added a hook for this but the Vector skin hasnt been updated yet to use this.

By the way, support is great from shopdev when it happens but the normal 2 / 3 days wait time of the past has been more like 3 / 4 weeks of late

Thanks

Ian

Hi, Ian

I was referring to the various support topics under "skins" in this forum mentioning the vector skin. From reading some of that, particularly reference to something I was unaware of  ("lettering tool" ?); a jquery problem entry, etc. -- basically, it wasn't clear to me since I don't hang out here unless there is an update to check on or some bizarre thing happening to me, so wasn't sure what was follow up on developing stuff for just one person or "general issue." With four posts this month related to vector in skins, post 5.2.8 launch, was just "double checking" without having to digest all of those other posts, which I was late to party on for their specific issues.

So, from what you've posted kindly in reply, it looks like I will just need to make a minor fix to the CC 5.2.8 /classes/ssl.class.php file and should be fine.

Thanks! exactly what I needed to know.

Interesting that with changes to CC portal/server I no longer get notice in 5.2.5 "your theme is out of date." Guess it no longer phones home to see version number.

Happy Saturday to other weekend warriors ;-)

Hi Chris

The "Lettering" tool you mention is highly customised piece of work for one user who has had on-going problems with it and the original developer for months and months - nothing at all to do with Vector so as far as I am aware, there are no specific issues other than that specific one which has been around for a long time (ie not 5.2.8 specific)

As far as I know and havent checked the code, but I would expect that CubeCart still checks version number and I know that vector now checks for a valid licence within a month and uses a local key file if for any reason the shopdev server isnt available

Thanks and good luck

Ian

Thanks, Ian

I did hear back from Homar today that no issues with 5.2.8 and their demo is running 5.2.8.

Thanks for the double double check.

Looks like all I need to triple check on is the Chrome "bug" (which hasn't happened to me with Win7/64 and rev 33.0.1750.117m).

Thanks!

Admin: you may "close" this topic. :-)