Auto direct to mobile skin

ayz1

I would like to direct a customer to the mobile skin automatically depending on the screen size of the device they are viewing it on. Has anyone any idea how this can be done?

Also I know there is a responsive skin in development, does anyone have any thoughts on how this should be done? Should it be one website with different css files for the different screen sizes or a separate mobile folder as it is now? Personally I would prefer the latter as it will be easier to customize but guess it is harder to implement and upgrade as both folders would need to be updated. I would appreciate any input on the pros and cons of each method if anyone would like to discuss it.

Hi Al

Thanks for that. The mobile skin I'm using for instance only has 7 products on the main page but my desktop site has 24. As I'm using the mobile skin that comes with Cubecart I have to hard code the products in so if they go out of stock then they don't auto generate new content (probably down to my lack of coding knowledge). One thing that would be good is the ability to select the number of products on the mobile page. Will that be possible? Also will you be keeping the mobile site in it's own folder as it is now or moving to just the one main set of skin files?

I've tried this

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
   if (screen.width <= 699) {
   document.location = "http://www.mysite.com/index.php?display_mobile=1";
}
//-->
</script>

which seems to work but the link at the bottom of the page switching from mobile to desktop obviously doesn't work.