Creating an extra small form in checkout

Speedi

Morning Collective.  I run a mobility website,and I will be migrating to CC from joomla/virtuemart, and am doing my homework.  Most of my customers are exempt from paying vat, so as a result, I display 2 prices with each product, ie.. VAT free price and VAT inclusive price. This is doable with the product options, so no worries there. I did think about using tax groups, but wanted people to buy without creating accounts.

Anyway!

What i want to be able to do is on the checkout screen. I require customers to fill out a box with a description of their exemption (usually 2 or 3 words) which I can do, and have altered the file in checkout to do so. 

What i need to do is carry those words into the order email the so the admin can verify the information, otherwise we would have to charge vat to the customer.  I am not noob enough to realise that maybe someother coding will be needed on other pages to make this happen. 

also.  I thought about amending the customer notes field, but when i sent a test order thru with notes filled in, the notes didnt appear on the email to admin, and i couldnt find a notes macro in the email templates to add it to the template.

I am currently using the mican blue skin. Any help/pointers appreciated.

Cheers All

Steve