Option Set - can't prices be in the matrix?

stevemills

Operating in version 5.2.8. I sell photographic prints, and offer four size options, all at different costs. I keep an Option Group called Size, the four Attributes, and then the attributes in an Option Set. Yet with each new item I have to manually enter the size prices under Attributes. Why isn't price in the matrix for Option Sets? Or perhaps I just don't understand the "Option Set" concept. It would be so much easier if a fixed price could be attached to the Attributes, or each element in the Set.

Can anyone please enlighten me on that concept?

On the face of it, it seems like that would just be a convenient restriction to the options versatility across a wide range of products to suite your particular circumstances. Again, that's just my perception of the face of it.

CubeCart enables the admin to "clone" an item. I haven't experimented with this very much, but when I did clone an item, all facets of the original went over to the duplicate. I just had to make a new product code and assign an image.

So whether a given item in your inventory can be cloned with all assigned options intact, and the price structure, I would like to hear of your experiments.

Cloning is easy to use, but equally constrictive when each new item needs a description written for it anyway, photo uploaded, etc. It's not cut and paste.

The ultimate reason for what I am after would be easy price changes on a global scale. Seems like too much to ask? Editing 800+ items grows tedious.

Globally changing prices...

Would this be the base price of the product, or the price differentials on the product's options?

If the base price, then on Products, Assign to category, there is a bulk price updater (and a conversation on these forums added bulk sale price updater).