Tax options in 5.2.8

kreegah

I installed the newest version of Cubecart some months ago and had a problem with taxes (I'm pretty sure it's a tax problem). Tried for several days to find a solution but was so bummed out that went back to the previous version of Cubecart just to isntall the newest version again today and find the same problem persists.

So:

Why if I enter 6 Euros as a price for a product, it keeps showing as 4.58 Euros in the shop? I have tried to change all the taxes and tried everything that comes to mind, but the price remains 4.58. 

What to do?

The shown price, 4.58, divided by the entered price, 6.00, is 0.763.

This is very close to the Euro/USD ratio (0.776 in my dataset).

Please verify the default currency as set in the admin Store Settings, General tab. It should be EUR for you. Then, in admin Currencies, set the exchange rate of the Euro to 1.00000 (if not already). Click directly on the rate value to edit it.

You may want to click the "Fetch Rates" button at the bottom at this time. Then Save.

Let us know if this solves the displayed price anomaly.

We would like to know if, during your initial CubeCart installation (not any actual CubeCart-controlled "upgrade"), if you chose a default currency for the store (defaults to USD if not).

@Al: Maybe have CubeCart toss up a dialog that asks if, when changing the store's default currency from any after-installation currency code to a different currency code, to offer to recalculate all the currency exchange rates to that new currency code.

N.B., We should realize that changing the default currency will cause all manner of havoc on recorded order-related sales data, product-related pricing groups, etc. So, double-confirm (or outright disallow) any changes to that setting after a period of having made sales, making full disclosure that changing the default currency for the store will invalidate all prior sales data.

Please verify the default currency as set in the admin Store Settings, General tab. It should be EUR for you. Then, in admin Currencies, set the exchange rate of the Euro to 1.00000 (if not already). Click directly on the rate value to edit it.

This fixed it!!! Thousand thanks.

I didn't choose anything during the isntallation process because I used Installatron this time. It might be that Installatron had made some unwise decisions.

Thanks again!