Possible bug in CC5

Lacie

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing some esoteric setting somewhere deep within the bowels of CC5's administration pages but....

I've been receiving reports from customers that after making an order and then clicking to pay, cube cart just returns the customer back to the front end without going to the payment processor (Paypal in this instance). After a lot of investigating, we've found the return error appears to be a result of the customer using diaeresis in the address details. I.e. symbols such as Ãœ are screwing with the cube cart system. 

Any ideas anyone? Am I just missing something completely obvious here? :)

Hi

Are you using PayPal gateway or PayPal Plugin (and if so in what mode ?) and also is PayPal your only enabled payment processor.

Do you have specific examples of urls that customers are using where this problem happens ?  ie what is your correct store url and what urls are customers using when this problem happens

There is probably nothing you are missing in the settings of CubeCart and while not heard of this happening before, I can see how it could happen !

Thanks

Ian

I'm using the Paypal Pro gateway (and the PayPal Pro plug-in on CC) alongside the normal PayPal processing. Paypal is the only payment processor I use on the site.

The store url is 

domain/shop/ 

and the point where the error occurs is when they submit their information from 

domain/shop/index.php?_a=gateway

(Obviously I'm using SSL). From reports, it begins to load a page (the bar begins to fill up) and then it just returns back to domain/shop/ and no payment is processed.

So far we've found that seems to occur in Safari, IE7, IE6, Chrome and Firefox. 

Just to add - their order is recorded in CubeCart - an order number is generated and appears in the admin list of orders but its in pending status. 

Edited by Lacie