ETA on 5.2.9 ?

HI, Al, and all ...

Q: any ETA on 5.2.9 with the payment gateway fixes for Amazon, PayPal, and Chrome SSL fix baked in. I know you said you only do updates once per month, but it's now 5 weeks, so checking in. Wanted to upgrade without having to do all the hacks manually for the fixes to current version before updating from 5.2.5 > 5.2.8/9.

Even a 5.2.8.1 would be awesome.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris

There wont be a release for a week or so as Al is away at the moment. My understanding is that it will happen quickly on his return though. We had already implemented the Amazon and PayPal Pro changes several weeks ago on a few client sites where they were urgently needed and where we worked out / tested the changes but are going to wait on the normal upgrade for the majority.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks for heads up Ian

... normally I don't pester on this kind of thing, but I postponed the .8 upgrade so I wouldn't have to apply manual patches to stuff since my version now does work okay (5.25) except for some cart abandonment - but I put in some more helpful instructions for clients who were getting lost on the checkout "path." 

Not chomping at bit or anything - just checking in. :-)

Hi

As Al explained there was an additional delay due to a reported security concern which has been fixed in 5.2.9 (this will only affect a very small number of people who are using shared SSL certificates which was never a very good idea anyway !) and then he took the decision not to release just before going away for 10 days which was the right choice but an unfortunate set of circumstances.  5.2.9 will be released very soon !

Thanks

Ian