PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) after upgrade

jeffers

Hi

After a hack attack where my website was sending me about 500 at a time sales notifications and had locked me out, I managed to get back in and change the password. I also ugraded the software to the "Your store is currently using the latest version"

But since I have done this,

1. I keep getting a notice from PayPal that "PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN)"  are failing

2. My site seems to have vanished from Google altogether. Although I submitted a new site map 2 days ago.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I think these are both coincidental. The only negative side effect of having spam sent through your site should be possible email black listing. This is something your host will monitor and deal with if the situation arises. 

1. I keep getting a notice from PayPal that "PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN)"  are failing

>> Please remove any value set for the IPN URL in your PayPal setup. CubeCart sends this though for you with every transaction. 

2. My site seems to have vanished from Google altogether. Although I submitted a new site map 2 days ago.

>> 2 Days is nothing really. Search engine listing can take months. 

I just disabled my Paypal IPN a few minutes ago as I refunded a payment to someone (Courier Smashed a G5 Mac case I sent to the customer - I have been refunded by courier) and got a message (copy of email sent to customer) from paypal thanking me for the order..

The email relates to 'Linklok' which is a system I used to use in the olden days.

I was just searching for the correct url to enter into the Paypal IPN area for cubecart but it seems we don't need to enter one :)