BUG Report- Hide out of stock products is still showing out of stock p

iant

If a product has different options and some of the options are zero stock they are still showing in the front office for customers to select. I have many options and currently have low stock on many and customers are guessing what's available and asking me what I actually have in stock or maybe they are giving up and shopping elsewhere. I need a option to hide these out of stock options so customers can only select what's in stock.

To replicate

On the dashboard>> settings Hide out of stock products is selected (Green tick)

Add product options with some out of stock.  

log out as admin and clear history

All possible options are shown in front office.

We are aware of this problem. An item has options, but not all option combinations are available.

CubeCart shows each option as its own selector. While one combination combination is in stock, a different option combination isn't.

One solution is to dynamically re-populate all the other selectors when any one selector changes. For example, if Size:Small is selected, then Color (and all other option selectors) gets dynamically repopulated with only those colors (and etc.) that are available in Small.

Developing the means of getting the selectors to be dynamically repopulated is taking some time.

What is actually wanted is to hide the option combinations that are out. The "Hide out of stock items" is set to hide any item that has zero stock levels for that item -- meaning there are no items available for any option combination.

I had options for size and colour (two selection boxes), I tried to put them all under one option of size/colour (one selection box) removing the two separate size and colour and created a new combined one such as:-

size/colour :-
small orange shirt
small blue shirt
small green shirt
medium orange shirt
medium blue shirt
medium green shirt

"What is actually wanted is to hide the option combinations that are out. The "Hide out of stock items" is set to hide any item that has zero stock levels for that item -- meaning there are no items available for any option combination." - I thought that was what the option in the control panel did  dashboard>> settings >> Hide out of stock products (Green tick) or does that hide the whole product once all options are zero?

Estelle (3rd party mod) had a mod that worked really well on option stock levels for CC4, can something similar be created into the core code for CC5??

Al has gradually improved the stock options functionality in CubeCart and the options matrix introduced a while ago was fantastic but for any store using more than one level of options, the built in functionality does still need further enhancements For example reproducing Estelle's V4 Stock Levels for Product Options mod (which used to work extremely well) within V5 is critical as is admin level reporting of out of stock product option combinations and showing the correct product code and other information for an option when selected.

There are a variety of issues open in the github dealing with product options so the CubeCart team are aware of them

Thanks

Ian

• 9 months later...

This at first glance is super complicated. It makes me wonder if scheduled tasks are required to perform jobs like this rather than heavy code doing it on the fly.

Is this really that complicated and I dont understand how it could ever work as a scheduled job - it has to be dynamic. As previously mentioned, Estelle had a great mod for V4 and V3 that did this, worked perfectly and was quick !

Ian