No Manual Upgrade

marvso

I used Forklift to manually upload CubeCart 5.2.10 to my website. After I uploaded everything I went to my setup page. It gave me no option to upgrade my website but only to install 5.2.10  How do I just upgrade it without reinstalling everything? i don't want to lose all of my products.

I am upgrading from 5.2.9 which caused blank admin page.

Thanks

When you upgraded to CC529, were you offered to run the setup and/or did you run the setup?

If so, I would think you made the 'upgrade' choice at that time.

And if so, the database has been upgraded to the current configuration.

I invite you to use a utility such as phpMyAdmin to check the CubeCart_history table. The last entry will show the last update performed. Let us know what it is.

It shows 5.2.9 as the last entry in the history table.  YEs I did upgrade to CC529.   I was unable to access my admin page after that. So I read on the forums to manually install 5.2.10   I uploaded all of the folders and when I run setup, there is no option to upgrade but only to install. 

That's interesting. But for the moment, I am not going to worry about it.

Instead I will advise you to make sure of two things:

1. Rename or Remove the setup folder. You will not need to run the setup for CC5.2.10, as there is nothing to actually change outside the codebase relative to CC5.2.9.

2. Make sure this file is present: /includes/global.inc.php

(You may also wish to manually enter a record in the CubeCart_history table to show the database is at the CC5.2.10 configuration - even though there is no difference in that configuration between CC5.2.9 and CC5.2.10. Just copy what you see for the 5.2.9 record, but change 5.2.9 to 5.2.10.)

There is a file called includes/global.inc.php-dist  I removed the setup folder.  My website is down. Here are contents of global.inc.php-dist

text-x-generic.png global.inc.php-dist 
PHP script text
<?php
$glob['dbdatabase'] 	= '';			// e.g. cubecart 
$glob['dbhost'] 		= '';			// e.g. localhost (Can be domain or ip address)
$glob['dbprefix'] 		= '';			// e.g. store_1_ prefixed on to table names
$glob['dbusername'] 	= '';			// username that has access to the db
$glob['dbpassword'] 	= '';			// password for username
$glob['installed'] 		= '0';			// set to 1 if store is installed
$glob['adminFolder'] 	= 'admin';		// Change this if you have changed the admin folder name
$glob['adminFile'] 		= 'admin.php';	// Change this if you have changed the admin file name
?>

Recover the file /includes/global.inc.php from a backup of your site that was running a version of CubeCart earlier than CC529.

If you don't have a copy of that file, we will need to fill in the global.inc.php-dist and save it as global.inc.php.

To fill in this information, log in to your hosting account control panel and note the parameters for the mySQL database: host, user, pass, database name, and then use a utility like phpMyAdmin to note if you specified a table prefix in front of 'CubeCart'.

$glob['dbdatabase'] = ''; // e.g. cubecart

$glob['dbhost'] = ''; // e.g. localhost (Can be domain or ip address)

$glob['dbprefix'] = ''; // e.g. store_1_ prefixed on to table names

$glob['dbusername'] = ''; // username that has access to the db

$glob['dbpassword'] = ''; // password for username

$glob['installed'] = '1';

Hopefully, all your images are still in the /images/source folder.

I'm concerned because if globals.inc.php disappeared, what else disappeared???