Gift Certificates send no mail

Hujamin

Hi im running Cubecart 5.2.10 and enabled Gift Cerficates. After purchase and payment, no email was sent to the reciever of the Gidt Cerficates saying:

Hi {$DATA.first_name},

Your digital files are now ready for download. Please use the links provided below to access them below:

{$download.name}: (Link expires on {$download.expire})
{$download.url}

If the links above don't work, please try copy and pasting them it into your browser address bar. You can also find access to these files from your the customer area of our website.

Welcome Hujamin! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We can explore why maybe no email was sent, but the email that would have been sent to the recipient of GC would look like:

Dear {$DATA.name},
We are please to be sending you this gift certificate which you can use towards the purchase of any item(s) on our website.
Happy shopping!
Amount: {$DATA.value}
Claim Code: {$DATA.code}
Gift Message: {$DATA.message}
-------------------
To reedeem this gift certificate please enter the "Claim Code" above into the text field labeled "Add Gift Certificate or Coupon" during checkout.
Why not spend it now?

This is in admin, Email Templates, Email Type of Cart: Gift Certificate.

• 1 year later...

Hi Brian,

I was testing "gift certificates"  (GC) today and found that I did not receive an email message stating the GC was available to download or sent the GC via email.  On 7 May 14, there is a message from you relating to this, however I can not read it. I get a rectangle with a revolving symbol.  Can you help please?

Thanks Brian,

Unfortunately that link was not helpful. Running 6.05 and Foundation skin now, I get admin messages regarding the GC, but the recipient does not receive the GC via email.

Firstly I receive one new order message. Then after changing status from pending to order complete, in admin,  I get 2 order confirmation messages. 

Any thoughts? what to look into!