Bulk Quantity Update

paulw32

I'm running my cubecart v5 store in conjunction with a bricks and mortar store. At the end of every day I need to update the quantities on cubecart to match the quantities in the store.

The amount of stock that sells in the bricks and mortar store is to large to do manually, so I need to be able to upload a .csv file with the adjusted quantities to cubecart.

Is there a pluggin out there that can do this?

Welcome paulw32! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Yes, the task of updating stock levels on a product-by-product process would be onerous.

So, would you be interested in being able to update stock levels directly from the Product Inventory list? This is very much easier, but still could be onerous if needing to update hundreds of inventory records.

Hi Bsmither,

Thanks for the response. I run a bookstore with over 10,000 titles, so unfortunately updating in bulk is the only way. My point of sale software will export all the information I need to up load to cubecart to create the products online, but yeah, updating one by one, or even via the method you mentioned would be too time consuming.

I'm just moving over from CCv4, there was a mod that I used to bulk update everything, price, qty, description, title, and more, but the individual who created the mod isn't doing CCv5.

Any one else doing plugins that might do the same thing?

"Any one else doing plugins that might do the same thing?"

Not really (although there are a few developers who will be contacting you to offer their services) because CC5 has the ability to bulk import inventory. What we need to assure ourselves about is whether the import is safe or is it destructive.

I'll do some tests and hopefully write up some instructions on how to import while maintaining the product_id numbers - must not disturb this number at it is what links an item to everything else and every other action in the store.

Thanks again bsmither.

In the previous version I used the ISBN13 numbers on the back of each book as the manually created product_id number. eg.9780958651745

The update program would look for the product_id number, and update any other information that was in the file.

When I uploaded a .csv file, I would assign an id to each column. So it would look something like this. Column1 = product_id, column2=Description, column3=title, column4=qty

The product number could not be altered or updated in the bulk update process. But any other information could be.

Just to clarify something, are you taking the books sold online through the PoS system as well? Just wanting to check that you won't end up with any discrepancies if they're both keeping a seperate record of stock levels.

Seeing as you've got a unique reference for each product, I wouldn't imagine it would be hard to whip up some basic stock updating code for an import.

I'm a bit wary running it through the importer, due to a bunch of code that cto wipe out product category references and/or seo urls, ah, and it doesn't appear to have any update options that I can see, just runs inserts every time?

We have a similar problem with our stock levels as we sell on various platforms. Don't know if this would work for you but we created our own account in our online store and use admin to create a dummy order of the products we have sold on the other platforms each day. Sometimes we will update several times in a day. Though not ideal we find this is much quicker than doing a manual update of each products stock level seperately.

we created our own account in our online store and use admin to create a dummy order of the products we have sold on the other platforms each day. Sometimes we will update several times in a day. Though not ideal we find this is much quicker than doing a manual update of each products stock level seperately.

This is a simple method that several of our customers use, is easy to do and works well as long as :

1) You dont sell hundreds of items in your store or on other platforms each day

2) It isnt critical to have 100% accurate stock level

3) You arent using stock levels on products that have options as this isnt currently supported (although this is being added very shortly !)

There are programs / systems that will interface to POS systems / eBay / Amazon / E-Commerce stores and these work well once setup but can initially be complicated and there is obviously a cost involved

Thanks

Ian