NOTES to Customer after order placed?

djcaseanova

Is there a way to add notes to a customer after they place an order. For instance, I get an order, but let's say it's on backorder. How can I add a note so that they can log in and see the status of their order? The notes will change and won't be standardized. I would like to open some sort of dialog if at all possible with the customer through the system.

OR the ability to email the customer through the store about their order is also an option, both of which I can not seem to find the ability to do as it is right now. Did I overlook this??

Currently, there no core function that will allow a conversation to be recorded between admin and customer, other than the comments entered by the customer during checkout.

Nor do I find a mod that will do this.

Okay. Thanks. It's strange there isn't a plugin mod for this either. I've checked myself. Would it not be easy to at least have admin capabilities to add notes to the order? Say maybe a text box near where it says order processing status or something? I am no coder by any means. And I don't do databases and all that. Just thinking through my fingers.

When viewing an order in admin, there is a Notes tab. But the customer will not see this.

It would be easy to display these notes to the customer (storefront Account, Order History).

I do not know how easy it would be to make these notes editable by the customer.

In the mean time, is there a way to make these notes visible by an enable/disable button in the admin like the rest of the settings? Only customers who require a status report would need this. And I do sometimes make notes for other customers who don't need to see the notes.

Well, looking through my orders now, I don't think the enable/disable is a requirement. The actual amount of notes I make that need to be hidden from customers is mostly internal documentation that I can do externally. IF I had to choose, I would probably prefer it to be Per-Order because I am starting to deal with items that I do not currently possess on hand that are a pre-order of goods. 

But again it's not necessary. What's the best way to show these notes to a customer? I'd like to see if that would work as a temporary solution.

Try this (for CC5211 and Kurouto):

In /classes/cubecart.class.php, near line 2037:

Was:
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('SUM', $order);

Now:
$order['order_notes'] = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_order_notes', array('time','content'), array('cart_order_id' => $_GET['cart_order_id']));
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('SUM', $order);

In the skin template content.receipt.php, near line 28:

Was:
{if !empty($SUM.customer_comments)}
<h2>{$LANG.common.comments}</h2>
<p>&quot;{$SUM.customer_comments}&quot;</p>
{/if}

Now:
{if !empty($SUM.customer_comments)}
<h2>{$LANG.common.comments}</h2>
<p>&quot;{$SUM.customer_comments}&quot;</p>
{/if}
{if !empty($SUM.order_notes)}
<h2>Order Notes</h2>
{foreach $SUM.order_notes as $order_note}<p><strong>{$order_note.time}:</strong> {$order_note.content}</p>{/foreach}
{/if}

• 8 months later...

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but my issue is along similar lines.

currently upgrading an old 3.0.17 cart, to latest stable version 5.2.16 and a feature that my client used in the previous version seems to be missing.

This client does not use a delivery service as they have their own tipper trucks to deliver topsoil, sands and aggregates within a certain range of their depot.

They need to send email updates to their customers so that they can provide delivery day and time of their order.

In the old version, when updating the status of an order, you could type a note and check a box to have that note emailed to the customer; his is missing in the new version, and I'm getting a lot of ear bashing about it being essential to their operation from my client.

Can you help?