ADMIN can't log in after deleting user

djcaseanova

I was logged into my admin account and deleted a user I had created when testing the store setup. The user had a ghost by the name and when I deleted that user account, it logged me out of the admin system. When I went to log back in it said that my username or password was incorrect. I tried to do a 'forgot password' but it is giving me the following "Incorrect details, please try again"

For some reason it seems as though my admin account has been wiped. Is there a way to recover?? I can't access the store admin page to turn the page off and if orders are coming in and the store does not have an admin email, I can't access those orders.

NEED HELP!

Running latest V5

UPDATE:

When I closed out the browser, reset the cache in the browser, cubecart allowed me back in to the admin without changing anything. My question is now, why would that have happened? Why would it tell me incorrect password/username, and then tell me the details were incorrect when trying to reset my password?

I have noticed when working through the CubeCart codebase, adequately catching and managing faults is not as extensive as it could be.

That said, if the server hosting your CubeCart installation could not communicate with the server hosting the database, or the database glitched or whatever, CubeCart could treat a failed reply by the database no differently as a judgment that the data input is not correct.

Usually, however, if PHP cannot send and/or receive data packets from the database, PHP will tell the web server there is an error and the web server will deliver that error message to the browser. But handing off and displaying error messages is a configurable setting.

There are a number of 'ifs' in the above paragraphs, but that is my best guess -- a temporary glitch.

But it only affected the admin login portion of the store. As a customer, I could still log in and view the store. I haven't had any issues since and have created a backup admin account just in case there was some sort of malicious attempts as well. Just seemed strange.