Mican Product Name/Title Alignment issue on homepage

I can't seem to get more of the product titles on the homepage to display. Instead it overlaps one word to a second line of the product and it looks nasty. It doesn't even show the entire product name. Is there a way to fix this? I don't know if this is an alignment issue or if there is something I am overlooking because I have changed the "Length of product precis" in the layout tab of settings and that didn't do anything that I could see. I don't even know what that does, but didn't change my issue.

And I went through and see a lot of people talking about "Gallery" view issues, however, what other options are there for the Mican skin? I don't see anything in the layout tab...

"Length of product precis"

Precis is a truncated product description. If there isn't a specific "Short Description" (might be a mod I added), CubeCart uses the regular description (with HTML tags removed) up to a certain length and appends an ellipsis. The precis is shown when viewing a list of products by category.

In the template content.homepage.php, the truncate part of the line sets the displayed length of the product name:

<p class="title"><a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}">{$product.name|truncate:38:"&hellip;"}</a></p>

This is necessary because the height given to show the product name is fixed (in Mican).

It looks funky to be right-aligned like that. So, in the common.css file, line 302, edit:

Was:
div.latest_product p.title {
  height: 28px;
}

Now:
div.latest_product p.title {
  height: 28px;
  text-align: left;
}

And you can experiment with the truncate value to get more of the product name showing without going over two lines.