Facebook Shop

moodybear

Is there any way of getting a facebook shop / app set up that reads from your cubecart website. 

I've seen it done on a couple of facebook pages where there is an app for peoples store and it pulls the information from their sites to set up a simple shop.... 

Is this possible?

Would this be within the scope of CubeCart functionality, or Facebook functionality?

An outside app can make a page request to the CubeCart store (cURL), then "scrape" was was returned for the desired data.

Well I've given the facebook apps a try but this just allows the likes on the page post to be registered with people it seems.. 

There seems to be some other ecommerce packages that do this BigCommerce is the one I've seen on facebook... just wondered if it was at all possible under current configuation or steps on facebook to make it scrape the data.. 

Well, to be honest, if this is a Facebook thing, its best to be asking on the Facebook forums.

Relative to CubeCart, you can either scrape the page, or make direct queries into the MySQL database holding your CubeCart data - assuming your hosting provider allows for outside apps to access their database server.