Feature request - Show stock availibilty on product page

ian_tttt

Cubecart doesn't have any useful information on stock availabilty with attributes to the customer and will only show QTY of 0-x (x max stock) this does not  help anyone know what's in or out of stock. It not until the customer continually tries adding products to the basket when they will receive a notice of out of stock options then needs to go back and try another variant which is a slow frustration process.

I would like a feature added that will show a grid on the product page with either 1. the actual number of items in stock for each option or I would prefer option 2. Will show red icon for out of stock or green icon for items in stock.

I found this code which maybe adaptable,  but have no clue how to go about doing such edits http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19702719/show-available-stock-quantity-on-product-page

Having a grid has been on many store owner's wish list for a long time.

We realize it only works for two dimensions (size-color, for example), and isn't a solution for three or more option combinations.

A solution I was hacking around with was a series of drop-downs (or radio buttons, but this type of selector isn't finalized in the core code), each drop-down being dynamically updated based on the selection made in any one selector.

For example, if red is chosen, then we know that small, round, steel would be removed from their respective selectors because small, red. round, steel Gizmos is out of stock.

Another display approach would be one selector that lists every possible combination - less those out of stock. So, four choices each for four options would give a list 256 choices long.

Cubecart doesn't have any useful information on stock availabilty with attributes to the customer and will only show QTY of 0-x (x max stock) this does not  help anyone know what's in or out of stock. It not until the customer continually tries adding products to the basket when they will receive a notice of out of stock options then needs to go back and try another variant which is a slow frustration process.

I would like a feature added that will show a grid on the product page with either 1. the actual number of items in stock for each option or I would prefer option 2. Will show red icon for out of stock or green icon for items in stock.

I found this code which maybe adaptable,  but have no clue how to go about doing such edits http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19702719/show-available-stock-quantity-on-product-page

Hi Ian,

We have already developed order grid CubeCart 5 plugin.  You can see the demo here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b32zbxnb0 

For further information please get in touch.

The link isn't working for me.

Some extra characters got onto that link.

This one works:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b32zbxnb0

What I see is interesting. Nicely laid out.

What I will be attempting to solve, however, is more than one option group in a grid: size group vs. color group, for example. Then go for adding more option groups to the combination mess.

Can you also ensure one item option is out of stock on the demo? I would like to see if it informs the customer the option is out of stock before going to the cart page, I have Jump to cart enabled so want to avoid the jump to cart if the product is out of stock. I really need a method that informs the customer of the stock level before the cart pages loads.

I was thinking more of a grid with visual information (like traffic lights) that shows the customer all the available options before they use the dropdown menu. See image '>

This is the grid I am programming. (There will be a few more aspects to include.)

The customer has chosen Medium, and immediately the Red and Creak options are disabled because there is zero stock of Medium, Red Creak items.

The customer would then choose any other option, Flat for example, which perhaps disables Black and Laugh.

Which leaves Medium, Blue, Flat, Siren as the only combination in stock that has the customer's deliberately chosen characteristics.