Does Powered by CubeCart help rankings?

clamor

Continuing on with my SEO audit, I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to put 'Powered by CubeCart' with a link to the CubeCart website in my footer area (alongside the copyright text). Is this within the rules? I have the paid version but I noticed the traffic dropped off when I stopped using the free version. Genuine backlinks are important to ranking so this seems to be an approach to consider. Obviously, with the free version, the title text characters are limited by the CubeCart text so the paid version is much better. Alternatively, should I consider becoming a CubeCart affiliate?

All the best

Continuing on with my SEO audit, I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to put 'Powered by CubeCart' with a link to the CubeCart website in my footer area (alongside the copyright text). Is this within the rules? I have the paid version but I noticed the traffic dropped off when I stopped using the free version.

All you would be doing by adding that is (maybe) increasing the SEO score for CubeCart themselves. I say maybe as the rules with Search Engine rankings have changed dramatically over the last 18 months and sitewide links especially from "unrelated" sites are considered bad these days. There is absolutely nothing that would have caused your traffic to drop off when moving from free to the paid version.

Genuine backlinks are important to ranking so this seems to be an approach to consider. Obviously, with the free version, the title text characters are limited by the CubeCart text so the paid version is much better. Alternatively, should I consider becoming a CubeCart affiliate?

You have the backlink idea around the wrong way - you would need links from other sites linking to your site for it to be beneficial to your search engine ranking. Being a CubeCart affiliate would also have no effect on your SEO ranking

Thanks

Ian