Product Images - source and cache

vidmarc

I've just uploaded a whole heap of images tot he source folder. Does Cubecart automatically re-size everything and put it in the "cache" folder?

I'm currently seeing images in the cache folder which aren't there when I view via ftp.

By 'uploading' do you mean FTP or through CubeCart's Filemanager?

If FTP, then you will need to use the admin Image Filemanager, Update File List tab to get those FTP'd images logged into the Filemanager system.

Then (if I recall), CubeCart should create the necessary variants, as specified in the configuration file of the current skin as set in Store Settings, Layout tab, and place them in the cache folder.

If a size variant does not exist in the cache, it should be created automatically.

• 2 months later...

I've just uploaded a load more images and again they're not appearing, I'm just getting default "No Image" place holders  - even after refreshing the CC image cache. Any suggestions?

Or does it take some time for the system to do the caching?

If uploaded by FTP, then you will need to use the admin Image Filemanager, Update File List tab to get those FTP'd images logged into the Filemanager system.

They need to be FTP uploaded to the /images/source/ folder.

Once the Filemanager has them, they will show in the File Picker window when editing a product, Images tab, where images gets assigned to the product.

As I said, I've used the update file list and they still don't seem to be displaying. Or do I have to go into each product and manually add them, even though all the previous images I uploaded have linked up with no problem on import of the product .csv file?

There is code in the Catalogue Import function that will, if an image is specified in the CSV product record, a test will be made regarding the existence of that image file.

The test starts with, "Does the Filemanager already know about this image?" If not, then get information about the image (assumed to already be in the /source/ folder) and record that data in the Filemanager.

Finally, make a record in the image index table associating that image with the product.

So, to recap, FTP the images to the /source/ folder, then import the inventory CSV.

If your sequence was:

1. FTP some images,

2. import the CSV, then

3. FTP some more images (for those products imported in step 2)

then you will need to manually assign the images uploaded in step 3 to the respective products.

But if step 3 has images for products yet to be imported, then

4. you import another inventory CSV with new items

then all images that are already in the /source/ folder (and possibly in the Filemanager system) will be usable for the import in step 4.