product options pricing.

nutbags.co.uk

Hi I'm using 5.2.12 on my website(www.nutbags.co.uk) I sell bird foods and have been trying to streamline my website after getting comments from some customers that there were too many products in some categories and they couldn't find things. For example I used to sell whole sacks of peanuts as one product and peanuts by the kilogram as another. Ideally I only wanted "peanuts" to be one product with the option to choose per kg or per sack via a drop down box. I set about changing this on my site but am now getting comments from customers saying they don't understand what they need to do or are getting confused at the pricing. Again using peanuts as the example,if a customers selects peanuts from that category it shows a "headline" price of £2(the price per one kg)They can then use the drop down box to select a whole 25kg sack but this shows a price of +£32(true cost of £34 shown ok in basket)

Is there a way to change this so instead of a price differential,it shows the actual price? Also is it possible for the item price(£2 in the above example) say 'prices from'. I wouldn't want this to then affect all other product listings as many are a fixed price with no options. Also I don't want to have to re fix this(if there is a solution) after every store update

It just seems far too confusing for my customers showing a price differential rather than actual price.

thanks

"Is there a way to change [the actual price shown] so instead of a price differential, it shows the actual price?"

I hope the CubeCart programmers are going to implement Dynamic Pricing. There was a mod that did this (for CubeCart 5.0.x), but it's not available anymore.

As for your customer's confusion, on any given product page (peanuts by the kg), you can show an image/link to a different, related product (peanut 25kg sack). That may be enough to quell some of the confusion.

There is this with respect to Related Products.

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17314

but it is not a solution for you.

From working with another CubeCart user, I am aware of a plugin by Mods Index that associates an admin-specified collection of products to any other given product. I haven't actually seen it work.