Database Backup

I'm thinking that the size of your database may be a problem. In admin, Maintenance, Database tab, what is the sum total of the four largest table sizes?

I could be that PHP is running out of memory, or running out of time. If your installation of PHP is configured to not report errors, you won't know what's going on and all you will get is a blank screen.

If PHP is configured to log errors (but not to display them), you should find the PHP error_log file and look at the last few entries. The error_log may be reachable by FTP, or may be available in your hosting control panel.

I'm thinking that the size of your database may be a problem. In admin, Maintenance, Database tab, what is the sum total of the four largest table sizes?

I could be that PHP is running out of memory, or running out of time. If your installation of PHP is configured to not report errors, you won't know what's going on and all you will get is a blank screen.

If PHP is configured to log errors (but not to display them), you should find the PHP error_log file and look at the last few entries. The error_log may be reachable by FTP, or may be available in your hosting control panel.

303611+

At 303 MB, I think the above is actually happening.

I will suggest that you use an external utility, such as phpMyAdmin, to make the backup. (Funny thing, though, is that phpMyAdmin is also a PHP application. So, how does it do this when CubeCart doesn't?)

At 303 MB, I think the above is actually happening.

I will suggest that you use an external utility, such as phpMyAdmin, to make the backup. (Funny thing, though, is that phpMyAdmin is also a PHP application. So, how does it do this when CubeCart doesn't?)

We tried that, it won't accept it.

"We tried [using phpMyAdmin to make the backup], [phpMyAdmin] won't accept [the submit button to start the backup]."

Interesting.

Do you have a control panel for your hosting account (such as, cPanel)? If so, can you make a backup from there?