This ...... SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!&#

Guest twisted

Guest twisted

I don't want protection for the product....I want the protectin for ME!

I have checked out Payloadz....i don;t see how it is any more secure than using, say, saztars download mod. Plus it has the added disadvantage of......MORE FEES!

Yes...they have a free account, with a piddly little $250/month transaction limit.

As much as i just hate to burst your bubble, joshua...not everything you recommend is the be-all and end-all....point blank.

Guest twisted

Another thing just occurred to me, Tony.

Paypals seller protection only applies to sales made in/to the USA, Canada and UK.

I have customers in Norway, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Portugal, etc.

Even your "ship em a CD" idea won't work there, and it is the other foregin customers (ok, Russia!) that have been giving me this problem.

I think I just wasted $30 on some cds' and jewel cases! lol

Or people can stop being idiots, pay for the MOD that somebody worked hard on, and live life.

I think that sounds the best so far.

This is kind of getting out of control, ya know?

.:|C|:.

btw guys - I think the following might help clarify exactly what has happened

there are TWO distinct possibilities

a) Funds being withdrawn due to that fraud thing they say (which i think is twisteds problem) - this CANNOT be avoided whether you have tracking numbers, photos of the person receiving, permanent ink in packages to stain the receiver - NOTHING

What has happened is

i) the buyer has used a dodgy credit card or a bank transfer has failed and funds have been charged back - which can or cannot lead to account limitation

or

ii) the buyer has had there account limited due to POSSIBLE (i state possible) connections to fraudulent transaction e.g. a new paypal user receiving $5000 for a Rolex they sold on ebay

in this instance PAYPAL reverses the payments (not the buyer) due to an impending investigation into account behaviour - they ask for more proof of id, receipts of purchases etc etc etc. they will not restore the buyers access until these are received and verified by their in house fraud squad who state (this may take no LESS than 30 days to resolve)

if access is ever restored (highly unlikely) all funds that were spent by the seller in the period between receiving the payment and account limitation will be returned to the affected sellers

= ALL OF THIS IS A basic failsafe for paypal (so they are not refunding a possible $5000 to the defrauded buyer of that non existant Rolex and having to pay out a possible $5000 to other sellers who received the Rolex proceeds - if you know what i mean)

the other case

:) the buyer files a claim of nonreceipt (as a complaint of goods not as described is instantly dismissed and awarded in the sellers favour).

this is the nut - when they ask for transaction details fill in the tracking with INTANGIBLE GOODS - paypal will never file in the favour of the buyer as they do not cover downloadable media for either party (buyer or seller) so the transaction will stand and you will keep your money

THIS IS ALL FROM EXPERIENCE IN GETTING BURNT EVERY WHICH WAY ON BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE...

The classic was PayPal limiting my account - withdrawing all funds paid to sellers. I then pay them all by cheque - get my account back and they get repaid... Nightmare

Yes PayPal sucks but if you play it right you never get bummed unless you get targeted by users with fraudulent accounts.

===

So in the case of Twisted he received payment from el Moscow Laptops PayPal account

Hes selling loads of laptops and phones through a new ebay account - may even have taken payment for some

Ebay suspends his account, PayPal red flags are ringing so they instantly reverse all transactions and lock his account.

That is how you lost the $180

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imacman233

Sorry to hear that Twisted. ;)

How about this as a solution. When a customer buys a digital download item, the cart will send them an email after they pay that has a link in it that tells the cart its ok to proceed to download the item as it does now. The link would put into that database that the email was verified and the user agreed to pay the cost of the download.

This should be good enough that paypal would accept this. Only the user that has the password for that email account can open it and get the mail.

Jason

• 5 weeks later...

I realize I'm very late on replying...

I've experienced a similar problem. PayPal emails to say that a buyer claims the "product" (digital download) was never received; disputes the charge. Although PayPal allows the buyer to provide a detailed complaint in their comment section, they only provide the seller with the request to supply proof of delivery via a verifiable tracking number. No option to add comments like the buyer had. I've submitted the file name for my server's raw access log showing the customer id, file name downloaded and added the IP address and date from the buyer as my "tracking number". The case is now "under review". I'll be very discouraged if they decide in the buyer's favor.

Granted... this represents less than 1% of buyers and dealing with Chargebacks from merchants accounts would be just as bad; dealing with unscrupulous buyers via PayPal really makes administrating a site a headache.

Guest dudestore

Since the beginning of using PayPal as processing payments - I had atleast up to 4 chargebacks.. even though I had provided informations (products delivered, payment paid, etc).

HECK.. since I signed up with StormPay, I got atleast 2 chargebacks from a guy who from Asia... the guy bought 2 items and paid.... after I delievered items, he/she got money back cuz of FRAUD payment... but still whoever got my money. That was about few month ago... Nov or Dec.

Guest twisted

he/she got money back cuz of FRAUD payment

Yup...thats the very reason my Russian buyer got theirs back.

Seems the Eastern bloc is not a good place to do business with.

I :wub: my UK buyers tho.

:D

Guest dudestore

Seems the Eastern bloc is not a good place to do business with.

I agree. :wub:

I  :D  my UK buyers tho.

I gotta say.. I do too. UK & USA is my best place to do biz with.

OH! Recently I sold a website to a guy from .... Russia.... but lucky he's a good guy.... paid (PayPal) after I sent the item through email. So far, no chargeback or any trouble with this guy.

Guest dudestore

Have any one used IKOBO they serve more countries and provide you with adebit card to withdraw cash from.

Not me.. I had never used IKOBO - I believe I do own an account at iKobo but never used it at all.

I mostly use PayPal, and StormPay. Upcoming future will use LinkPoint (had just registered late Dec or early Jan).

Guest twisted

So far, no chargeback or any trouble with this guy.

Don't give up yet....it could still happen :unsure:

He didn't sell lap-tops did he?