Shipping priority default order

bedfordprint

I'm stuck with this one.

Currently I have 2 shipping options in my store.

1. Courier

2. Collect in store.

When customer  adds items to basked, in "select shipping method always shows "Collect in Store" as default option.

I want "Courier" to be the default option as 95% of my customers want courier, and 100% of them will click "checkout" without looking at the shipping options, then will call me in few days "Where is my item?!!!"

Thanks,

Peter

There are forum conversations that discuss not pre-setting the shipping options to the least expensive, but rather have the selector show --Please Select--. CubeCart will require the shipping choice be made. And there are conversations that will pre-set the choices to the most expensive option.

Unfortunately, there is no current mechanism to set any specific shipping courier/method as a default.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

@bsmither thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have changed the cheapest to be the most expensive and this will do for now. But it looks like it's an old issue and it should be sorted at some point in V5 I hope.

People want simplified experience when shopping and unfortunately, shopping cart has to follow customers behaviour.

Regards,

Peter