SMARTY - Estimated delivery date

bedfordprint

In order complete email I want to let customers know, when approximately they will receive their item.

I was hoping to add smarty to the template but when I change the status it freezes CubeCart.

I've added this to the template

{assign var="z_date" value="+5 days"|date_format:"%d-%m-%Y"} {$z_date}

I guess I need to add the first part somewhere in the files and just add {$z_date}

to the template.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

I haven't tried this myself, but try:

{if $DATA.ship_date}
Expect your package between
{* 5 days *}{strtotime($DATA.ship_date)+(5*86400)|date_format:"%d-%m-%Y"}
and
{* 10 days *}{strtotime($DATA.ship_date)+(10*86400)|date_format:"%d-%m-%Y"}
{/if}

We are using the existing Shipping Date you have entered into the Order Details when you shipped that order - moving the order to Completed. CubeCart saves this as a human-readable date. The strtotime() function takes that human-readable date and converts it to a timestamp value. That value is then having 5 or 10 day's worth of seconds added to it. Then, the Smarty date_format variable modifier takes that adjusted timestamp value and makes a new human-readable string.

In the order, I want to change order status to  "order complete" and click save. After I click save, everything disappears and if you refresh you are back to the order page and it still shows "processing"

Thanks

ok, I have removed <div> and <p> from around it and it went through but the info in the email looks like this

Expect your package between 1408575606 and 1408575611

ha ha

Let's do this:

{if $DATA.ship_date}
Expect your package between
{* 5 days *}{(strtotime($DATA.ship_date)+(5*86400))|date_format:"%d-%m-%Y"}
and
{* 10 days *}{(strtotime($DATA.ship_date)+(10*86400))|date_format:"%d-%m-%Y"}
{/if}

We are now wrapping the entire expression in parentheses, then giving it to the date_format modifier.

OK, this works perfectly THANKS AGAIN!

But whoever reads this in the future, make sure there is no HTML tags around it. If there id <div> or <p> around it it will NOT work.

The email editor adds html tags automatically including paragraphs. So if you want to edit this smarty just paste edited code in the html mode, save and never comeback to it.

Uhh

It is true that when saving the Rich Text Editor (RTE) contents, the editor (CC5 uses the CKEditor) will "finalize" certain things and make pretty the HTML that makes up what you see. But almost nothing is "finalized" if you save while in the Source mode. (Or so my experiments have shown me.)