So I've created a "Option Set" for clothing which contains:

1) Small

2) Medium

3) Large

I click on a Product > Edit > Options Tab

Then I Assign Option Set = Clothing Sizes > Add

Page refreshes and displays:

5v42g0.jpg

When I switch the "X's" to "Ticks" and "Save & Relaod" to use Option Matrix, nothing happens, I have to:

1) turn off the status

2) save and reload

3) then turn Status AND Option Matrix to "Ticks"

4) Save and Reload

5) Then switch the Options Matrix at the bottom to ticks too

6) Save and Reload

wtf8ec.jpg

7) Only then can I actually deal with specific quantities.

Any insight in to what I'm doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. I can only say, from how I read the code, it's not yet without glitches.

Another glitch: Once you have created an Options Matrix table, even if you then disable everything so that the Options Matrix table should no longer appear, at least the header row still appears, and the stock levels for combinations that are disabled are still used in the calculation when showing stock levels on the Product List and on the View Product page (if enabled to show Stock Levels).

Thanks for sharing this. It has been noted and we will see it it can be improved in the future. Options are not automatically included in the Matrix as it can create too many which can have subsequent technical problems with the page failing to load as its too MySQL heavy or failing to submit due to too many post fields.

• 1 month later...

Another issue found + 1 suggestion for the next update.

a) After adding new stock values and pressing save, these aren't affecting the product.

- Example a product had 0 stock option values

- Edit product > Added 2 small, 2 medium, 2 large, product still doesn't appear on website > Press "SAVE"

- Product doesn't appear on website

- Go back to Products > Edit product, product now appears on website.

B) Suggestion, would be great if the product options on the front-end would auto grey out if stock value = 0 for that particular option.

Suggestion, would be great if the product options on the front-end would auto grey out if stock value = 0 for that particular option.

Better still, if "Hide out of Stock product" settings is enabled then product options that are out of stock should not display. If multiple options / stock matrix are used then this should be dynamic - so for example if size Medium is selected for one option then it should only show the colours for that size that are in stock

Suggestion, would be great if the product options on the front-end would auto grey out if stock value = 0 for that particular option.

Better still, if "Hide out of Stock product" settings is enabled then product options that are out of stock should not display. If multiple options / stock matrix are used then this should be dynamic - so for example if size Medium is selected for one option then it should only show the colours for that size that are in stock

Good point, I'm hoping the next update gives some love to the product options, at the moment it feels a little neglected.

"If multiple options / stock matrix are used then this should be dynamic. So, for example, if size Medium is selected for one option, then it should only show the colours for that size that are in stock."

I did the calculations on doing this: as a JSON array already delivered to the browser, and as an ajax update. This pseudo-matrix approach to managing option combinations does not scale well. But then, that's what computers were built to do.

In the end, I decided that for the dynamic approach, at least 33% of the option groups would need to be selected before any updates would occur. (Similar in concept to 'dynamic searching' where one needs to enter at least three characters before ajax is triggered.) However, a manual "Check Availability" button could work.

From bouncing this off my wife (an online shop-a-holic), and committing a logical fallacy (appealing to authority), I would say that when QVC and Amazon can do it, then there must be a way. (Blair does not work this way.) (And I hope this isn't "patented" like Amazon's "One-Click" checkout.)

Can anyone help with an SQL query that would:

Select table CubeCart_option_matrix

Check to see if a product has:

stock_level = 0

If 0,

make status 0

Therefore hiding that option on the front-end?

21c5k44.jpg

Would be great to auto run that if possible right after inventory is updated.

It would save a lot of time of having to go into each product and turning them off 1 by 1

As I understand your intent above, CC already can make this determination. CC will query for the stock level of every option combination found in the CC_options_matrix table. If nothing is returned, CC then queries for the product's main stock level.

Then, depending if the admin has set Hide out-of-stock products, any such products will not be listed. (Logged in admins will be shown storefront pages with out-of-stock items.)

But the issue with not showing option combinations that are not available, this is tricky because the current method is to show each option separately - not as a grid.

But the issue with not showing option combinations that are not available, this is tricky because the current method is to show each option separately - not as a grid.

Yep, the issue is with product option combinations that are not available, CC hides the "product", I'm just wondering if we can make CC set the value of "status" from 1 to 0, this would then solve the matter (for me) of hiding product combinations that are out of stock.

I've manually set it to 0, and this hides product option XL on the store front, only showing the other sizes which are available to purchase.

The status set to 0 is for the "product option" not the "product" itself.

Again, let me stress that we are dealing with option combinations.

"I've manually set it to 0, and this hides product option XL on the store front, only showing the other sizes which are available to purchase."

When a product's color is included in the mix, we now have XL-Green, XL-Blue, and XL-Black. If we assert that XL is out of stock, then XL in all of the three colors must be out of stock. But that's not always true.

It is this problem we are in search of a solution. If the customer selects Green, and XL-Green is out of stock, then XL should magically disappear from the Size selector. If the customer selects XL, the Green should magically disappear from the Color selector. Repeat for all other option groups.

In your case, however, you are asserting that you only have one option group for this product - Size. On the surface, dealing with one option group and including or not including the values for this single option group should be simple.

In your case, however, you are asserting that you only have one option group for this product - Size. On the surface, dealing with one option group and including or not including the values for this single option group should be simple.

I have one option group only.

Size = XS, S, M, L, XL

How do I go about shutting off all options that = 0 across the board?