Changing merchant number but not gateway

Alan Ostroff

We use Virtual Merchant and Cubecart with Elavon. We wanted to change our merchant number and since we stayed with Elavon, our merchant ID has not changed.  I need Cubecart to start using the new merchant number with the same gateway.  The Elavon folks have given me a lower case "login ID", my same merchant ID (633042), and a 4 digit PIN number.  I clicked on "edit gateway" and put them in where I thought they should go.  But, Cubecart is not talking to Virtual Merchant as it used to.  What do I need to do?

Welcome Alan Ostroff! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Cubecart is not talking to Virtual Merchant as it used to.

Can you elaborate?

There was a recent change to what CubeCart's VM module is looking for in the response. So, if you are not using the latest version of CubeCart, please think about at least downloading the latest CubeCart package and replacing just the VM module folder.

But we need more information about what is or is not happening when CubeCart is sending the customer to the payment page, or VM sending the results back.

Let me try to elaborate and thanks for the response.  We changed "providers" of our credit card services.  The old provider and the new provider both use Elavon.  So, all I really needed to receive was a new Merchant number.  Our merchant ID to log into Virtual Merchant remained the same.  Virtual Merchant now has two merchant numbers, an OLD one and the NEW one we want to start using.  How do I get Cubecart to request and process through the NEW merchant number through VM? Obviously, its an edit to the gateway settings, but I am not sure what it is.  It might be as simple as deleting the OLD merchant number off VM. Suggestions?

"We changed "providers" of our credit card services.  Both use Elavon."

With respect to "providers", would this be the same as a business account at your bank?

If so, and you now want your receipts (money from sales) to be deposited in your new bank account, then you need to contact Visa/Mastercard to tell them where to make the deposit.

Or, your bank is the same, but you have new merchant accounts with Visa/MC. (A Visa/MC merchant account number looks identical to a consumer credit card account number.) Then you need to tell "Virtual Merchant by Elevon" of the new Visa/MC account number.

CubeCart will never use your Visa/MC merchant account numbers.