All in One Shipping Problems

havenswift-hosting

Hi

Just discovered a fairly serious issue with the All in One Shipping plugin. This has been reported as a github issue but posting here so other users are aware of the issue.

If you shop without creating an account or logging in (ie a guest), the shipping is estimated based on the store location (in the case of the customer where we discovered this, the UK). If you choose one of the offered shipping methods and then enter an address outside of that region (say the USA) you can click to make Payment and the shipping isnt recalculated and it is possible to complete the payment for the order using a completely invalid shipping method and cost.

Example :

A guest customer selected "Special Delivery" based on the UK choices that were offered as a guest, entered a USA address and was able to pay for this order including a postal service which isnt available outside of the UK.

If you click from the payment screen to go back to the basket, the correct shipping options are then available in the shipping dropdown so what is needed in the checkout is a check on the entered address details and if they would have created a different set of shipping options then a message needs to be shown and customers have to choose which shipping they require.

If the customer is already logged in or registers for an account within the checkout process, then the correct shipping options are displayed and the customer is forced to choose one from the list before proceeding to pay

Thanks

Ian

Ian, I don't think this is just a Guest customer problem. I have a test account set up with an Alabama default delivery address, which triggers local shipping prices and sales tax. For testing purposes, I also have California,Canada, and UK Delivery address choices.

Because of the USPS issues caused by the Sept. 7 USPS API upgrade, I've been doing a lot of testing, by logging into the registered test account and using different delivery addresses. If I don't go back up and Update manually the shipping choice (customers won't do that), even though I checked the chosen delivery address - the order was sent to PayPal with my initial default delivery address price (the cheapest!).

Hi

OK that is a slightly different variation of the same problem ! Multiple delivery addresses and where the shipping is not being calculated on the correct address when the address is chamged from the default.

You are correct though that this is a general problem and likely for every single shipping method - I had only checked against the AIO shipping.

Similar issues with proceding without first updating changes made happen in other places such as the one we reported a little while back in Admin Orderswhen manually creating an order - it is easy to add products / order detail lines to an order without them being added to the total cost / weight of that order !

Ian