Editing Web page Data/Info via CubeCart?

CHGTF

Hello

So now that I have updated to CC5 I am not used to it so I need assistance.

My web page has "text" on the front "home" page that was put there in an option in CC3

This is what the page looks like right now:

http://timesforgottendvd.com

I need to know how to remove the paragraph that is below the welcome text?

This would be the text starting at "OUR CREDIT CARD" - ending in - "DURING THIS TIME."  

It used to just be an option in the old CC3 dashboard but I can not find an option in CC5

Any help?

In admin, Documents, locate the document in the table that has the "Homepage" indicator lit. (The title may be something like. "Welcome to Times Forgotten DVD!") Click the Edit icon for that document (white square with a yellow pencil on it).

Now, on the Content tab, edit the welcome message to be what you want.

Click Save.

In admin, Documents, locate the document in the table that has the "Homepage" indicator lit. (The title may be something like. "Welcome to Times Forgotten DVD!") Click the Edit icon for that document (white square with a yellow pencil on it).

Now, on the Content tab, edit the welcome message to be what you want.

Click Save.

Awesome TY - I was able to delete the paragraph but I couldn't edit the smalled text under the "Welcome..." text - Now that it is all gone how do I add text to that location???

This location is called your Homepage. The top banner, left and right sidebars, and bottom bar are mostly always present, so I do not consider that part of the Homepage.

In admin, Documents, create a document (or use an existing document) and make sure the Homepage indicator is selected for it.

The Content tab gives you a rich-text (almost) WYSIWYG editor to write your document. (I say almost because the editor does not know about any of your chosen skin's CSS styling.)

This location is called your Homepage. The top banner, left and right sidebars, and bottom bar are mostly always present, so I do not consider that part of the Homepage.

In admin, Documents, create a document (or use an existing document) and make sure the Homepage indicator is selected for it.

The Content tab gives you a rich-text (almost) WYSIWYG editor to write your document. (I say almost because the editor does not know about any of your chosen skin's CSS styling.)

Got it - TY - Now why does the text show up so HUGE and can I edit that? If I edit it do I have to adjust the skin or edit the page in dreamweaver?

The (Homepage) document is wrapped in a <div id="announcement">, and then in <h1> HTML tags.

In the skin style file common.css, line 180, there is a CSS rule for this. You can add a property such as:

font-size: 16px;

Right now, your browser (and mine) is using an internal styling for <h1> tags (mine is at 24px).

Please do not ever edit any CubeCart file in Dreamweaver. Depending on the version, you will get either a royal mess, or a small mess, but a mess none the less.

I suggest a straight-forward programmer's text editor such as NotePad++ (free and very capable) or UltraEdit (not free and much more capable).