Paypal order Lost in space NEED help fast please!

CHGTF

Back again - So I have set up the "PayPal" plugin via cubecart

This morning I received an order about 5am - Cube cart shows an order - I can open it and hit the "status" adjuster and print the order.

BUT I have no order in paypal - I have no email order from paypal. I have nothing to actually show that the order worked but the order in cubecart. WHY? 

Also - I figured well maybe it was something I need to check out and test. So I attempted a sample order of my own - not with the same paypal account the website is linked to. I selected an item - put it in a shopping cart - clicked pay with pay pay - logged into pay pal - selected the payment option - and hit pay.

At this point the page loads to a blank screen with a URL of http://timesforgottendvd.com/index.php?_a=confirm&token=EC-9P491046EL491422D&PayerID=6PYK8ZRRCVKLS

I cant click anything - it is an apparent "Confirmation" page yet I have nothing on the screen. What went wrong? What do I need to do?

NOT only this isuse is present - AFTER attempting this - I went back to the website to try again and the shopping cart still shows an item - so I hit "view cart" but when I hit view cart it shows this http://timesforgottendvd.com/index.php?_a=confirm and a blank screen. again what went wrong?  

PLEASE assist as quickly as possible

I'm sorry, I have very little knowledge about how PayPal does its thing.

Devellion (now known as CubeCart, Ltd.) should be able to solve this very quickly - submit a support ticket in your account at cp.cubecart.com.

In the meantime, see if there is anything in the admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab.

So for the record I was able to place and complete an order via the mobil site but the web site still does what was stated above.

A stuck loading bar is usually from a javascript crash, or, perhaps in this case, your database server taking way too long to deliver the query results. A count of 161 records is a piddling amount.

I dont know if it makes a difirence or not but I re started my computer and logged back in to cube cart - error log still sticks on a loading bar

Please do this: in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debugging. In the IP Address field next to the selector, enter your IP address (so that only you see the debug output). You can get your IP Address at www.whatismyip.com

Then, request the admin Error Logs page.

The debug area should list these queries:

[9] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.read = '0'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[10] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `message`, `time`, `log_id`, `read` FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.admin_id = '1' ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0; -- (0 sec)
[11] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.admin_id = '1'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[12] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_system_error_log.read = '0'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[13] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `message`, `time`, `log_id`, `read` FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0; -- (0 sec)
[14] SELECT FOUND_ROWS() as Count; -- (0 sec)
[15] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` ; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]

The next step will be using the browser's javascript debugger to find out where/if javascript is crashing. I prefer to use Firefox with the Firebug addon.

Let me state here what I stated elsewhere: Please do not ever edit any CubeCart file in Dreamweaver.

Please do this: in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debugging. In the IP Address field next to the selector, enter your IP address (so that only you see the debug output). You can get your IP Address at www.whatismyip.com

Then, request the admin Error Logs page.

The debug area should list these queries:

[9] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.read = '0'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[10] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `message`, `time`, `log_id`, `read` FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.admin_id = '1' ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0; -- (0 sec)
[11] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_admin_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_admin_error_log.admin_id = '1'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[12] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` WHERE CubeCart_system_error_log.read = '0'; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]
[13] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS `message`, `time`, `log_id`, `read` FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0; -- (0 sec)
[14] SELECT FOUND_ROWS() as Count; -- (0 sec)
[15] SELECT COUNT(log_id) AS Count FROM `CubeCart_system_error_log` ; -- (0 sec) [CACHED]

The next step will be using the browser's javascript debugger to find out where/if javascript is crashing. I prefer to use Firefox with the Firebug addon.

Let me state here what I stated elsewhere: Please do not ever edit any CubeCart file in Dreamweaver.

Still shows a loading bar and does nothing - did the debugging tast requested

From how you say it, I think you did not get a debug area at the bottom of the CubeCart pages. That is strange. Or, maybe you should correct me if I am wrong -- maybe you did get the debug area at the bottom of the page?

Nope you are correct - when I click the "error log" tab in cube cart with debugging on - it just like pauses - when ever I go anywhere else on the cubecart site or the web site i get the lines at the bottom of the page.

I dont know if this will help but I attempted yet another purchase and after logging into paypal and clicking "pay" this came up at the top - there is a TON more text but this was at the top

PHP:

[Warning] /home3/terpmk/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_resource.php:733 - filemtime() [function.filemtime.php]: stat failed for /home3/terpmk/public_html/cache/skin/2a0741d4cb4111db5bae682a94c90af6af88a5c9.file.content.checkout.confirm.php.php

[Exception] /home3/terpmk/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:41 - Syntax error in template "/home3/terpmk/public_html/skins/kurouto/templates/content.checkout.confirm.php" on line 41 "

{$LANG.address.company_name}<" unclosed {else} tag

GET:

'_a' => 'confirm'
'token' => 'EC-62J19505WD036573W'
'PayerID' => '6PYK8ZRRCVKLS'

So if I can read this AT ALL (and i really dont know how) - there is a problem in the coding of something correct or no?

ALSO for some reason the mobile site works just fine - DONT ASK ME WHY

But if you click "Mobile Site" below the web page works 100% fine - it just looks like the mobile version

I have stated on the web site that customers should click the mobile site option if ordering on a PC but for some reason it works... I just dont know why.

The filemtime() messages can be ignored.

There is a problem in this file: skins/kurouto/templates/content.checkout.confirm.php" on line 41

"this came up at the top - there is a TON more text but this was at the top"

What you gave us is part of the debug area. If the debug area is being shown at the top of the page, then a skin file has become corrupted. (Since the Mobile skin is a completely different skin from the Kurouto skin, it is understandable why the Mobile will work while the Kurouto has problems. I would say that any of the other skins, Mauris for example, will also work fine.)

"When I click the "error log" tab in CubeCart (even with debugging on) - it just, like, pauses."

I have a suspicion that a skin file in the admin folder has become corrupted. On that Error Log page, have your browser show you the raw HTML it received (a "View Source" command).

Let us know what your opinion is of the correctness of the HTML being displayed by your browser.

I am looking at the source code of the file: /skins/kurouto/templates/content.checkout.confirm.php from your site.

This is the last line of your file:

<div><label for="addr_company">{$LANG.address.company_name}</label><span><input type="text" name="billing[company_name]" id="addr_company" class="textbox" value="{$BILLING.company_name}" /><

The correct line is:

<div><label for="addr_company">{$LANG.address.company_name}</label><span><input type="text" name="billing[company_name]" id="addr_company" class="textbox" value="{$BILLING.company_name}" /></span></div>

followed by 50 more lines of code that are missing in your file.

So it would appear to me that the actual skin has an issue then - I changed the skin (Web site looks MUCH better in this skin anyways)

And tested a sale and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All is well and I think I will just stick with this skin and edit from here!

Sounds like that skin set has a slight issue maybe? Could I even fix that on my end if I wanted to? Not that I want to now -

AND ABSOLUTELY THANK YOU for every thing! Until I need more assistance  lol  : )

I just saw this topic after working on the support ticket associated with it. Uploading the default code seemed to fix this. I noticed admin sections that were failing to load too. After uploading the default code these started to work too. 

Thank you very much for the help!