Can not organize Categories

CHGTF

So I was able to do this before and not sure why it wont work now but I can not move the sub categories inside one of my categories folders.

I did this yesterday but have been trying for the last hour and the categories will not move. I have tried logging in and out - closing web browser and re opening. But I still can not move the categories. The only changes made since I COULD move the categories was a skin change. Is it the skin I am in? Do I need to change skins - move the categories and change it back?

CC5

Skin: Mican - Blue

Do I have to move the categories in the actual FTP file? I have done that before in CC3 but I figured if I had done it in CC5 before I could do it again.

"I can not move the sub categories inside one of my categories folders."

Forgive us, but until you become more familiar with the terminology we use for CubeCart, we will be needing to ask that you elaborate on what you are trying to do.

You say you "cannot move" a sub category. By this, do you mean that in admin, Categories, the click/drag action on the listing does not slide the line item to its new position? The Categories table has a column named 'Arrange' with an icon of twin up/down arrows. By hovering the topip of your mouse cursor over this icon, the mouse cursor turns into a four-headed arrow. You can now click/drag that line item to a different position in the list. This allows you to arbitrarily sort the categories as seen on the storefront.

Or, do you mean that you want to put the category "Bar" under the category "Foo" so that there is a Parent/Child relationship for "Foo" and "Bar"? Click the Edit icon for the category "Bar". On the General tab, open the drop-down selector for 'Parent Category' and choose the category "Foo". Save these settings. The category "Bar" is now a child of the category "Foo".

Or, do you mean to say that you are changing the HTML of the skin, and are wanting to display the the child categories in a different manner or position on the page? When editing skin code (again, do NOT use Dreamweaver), we recommend that Cubecart's "cache" system be turned off. In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, set 'Enable Caching' to Disabled. The skin template engine will use a cached copy of skin templates. The engine sometimes doesn't catch changes made to the skin template.

The skin chosen to display the storefront has no affect on what you do in the admin backside.

You say you "cannot move" a sub category. By this, do you mean that in admin, Categories, the click/drag action on the listing does not slide the line item to its new position? The Categories table has a column named 'Arrange' with an icon of twin up/down arrows. By hovering the topip of your mouse cursor over this icon, the mouse cursor turns into a four-headed arrow. You can now click/drag that line item to a different position in the list. This allows you to arbitrarily sort the categories as seen on the storefront.

Yes this is exactly what I mean I can not do. I was able to do this process of dragging the categories to organize them yesterday. But for some reason at this point and time right now I can not click the two arrows icon and drag the category where I want it to go. Why would this be?