Buy Now - can this be done?

kalyncomputers

Now here is a silly one but......

I have a client who sells clothing. Many items have options, size or colour. The client is complaining that if someone clicks on the 'Buy Now' button, it won't let them order until they have selected the relevant options. Now I know that this is the way 99.9% of shopping carts work and I think it is correct, however, I am wondering if there is a way to do thing slightly differently, perhaps like this:

Client clicks on 'Buy Now'

Browser goes to correct page and instead of displaying 'please select etc' the page displays a list of the available options with either radio buttons or check boxes.

I suspect that it would require a fair amount of coding to do but it is possible someone has already done it - if so could you kindly point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading and any ideas.

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim,

Are you looking for something like this: http://www.modsindex.com/demo/bcmobile/pink/new-arrival-color-matching-and-suede-design-pumps-for-women.html

Where a customer can select product option from colored boxes and you can also map an image against each product option.

Let me know if you are looking for something similar so we can help you accordingly.

Regards,

"instead of displaying 'please select etc' the page displays a list of the available options with either radio buttons or check boxes."

Other than this, I'm not seeing the following as an obstacle:

"The client is complaining that if someone clicks on the 'Buy Now' button, it won't let them order until they have selected the relevant options."

If the options are mandatory, CubeCart gives the customer no choice. On the other hand, what I would like to see is if there are mandatory options, then do not provide a "Buy Now" (aka "Add to Cart") until all required options have been made.

I have been exploring a way to meaningfully display option groups that have an interdependence. That is, if XL-Green is out of stock, then dynamically update the other selectors when any selector is changed.

Several CC versions ago, CubeCart developers included core code that would facilitate plugins changing the selector types to include radio buttons and checkboxes. But showing n-option groups with m-values respectively where n is greater than 2 (in other words, a grid of options with more than two option groups, such as Color, Size, Shape, and more) is proving a bit of a conundrum.