Secondary Pricelist

Ad Bakker

Hi there,

At first I like to mention that I'm a rookie for Cubecart and therefore can ask stupid question, Secondly I'm Dutch so my English is not the very best.

The problem I'm walking in, is to have a secundary pricelist per product. The reason for this comes from our two pricings,' member' and 'no member' prices.

We are not a company, we are a society namely "Royal Dutch Society for Genealogy and Heraldry". We are publishing al lot of books writen by our members. At this moment  we have a (sort of) webshop on the website, but the increase of sales make us need a professional webshop. As member of the board I'm responsable for all technical sollutions and I found Cubecart by Google.

I think that yur product will solve 90% of our wishes. So if we can tackle the pricelist problem then we are on the good track.

The best way for us should be a double pricelist linked to the user profile as 'member' and 'no member' Hope you have a nice sollution fot this.

Hope yoyu can follow my 'Dutch Cheesehead' explanation. Look for who we are at www.knggw.nl

Thanks for the help

Ad Bakker

I don't use this on my store, so I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you how, but this should be doable, along the lines of wholesale and retail customers using the same site. While you wait for someone with expertise in this, you might want to check this out. Look under Admin>Customers and one of the tabs there is Customer Groups.

Hi Ad

You can certainly use the customer groups functionality to do this. Set up your standard product prices for non members and then create a customer group called members and then you can set the discounted pricing for each product for this group. Then finally when each member signs up as a cystomer assign them to the "members" customer group

Thanks

Ian

Welcome Ad Bakker! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart allows for an unlimited number of "Customer Groups". Once these have been created, the admin may move any customer to one or more of these groups.

A customer who is assigned to a group or groups, enjoys:

* A specific pricing schedule per customer group as set in the Product settings pages

** All assigned groups will be searched for the lowest price

** This mod will offer discounts not based on the product's price schedules to certain customer groups

** This mod will restrict the viewing/purchasing of a category of products to certain customer groups

** Similar mods exist to restrict available methods to pay (gateways) and available methods to ship (shipping) to certain customer groups

Instructions on how to proceed are gladly given.

Thanks guys for the prompt answers. It works in the lite version so it will also in the Pro :-)

This weekend is the boardmeeting  and I will ask permission to buy the Pro.

I'm still puzzled for the digital downloads and will go further after receiving the Pro licence.

Many Thanks from rainy Hilversum, The Netherlands

You are all topz!

bsmither

I have registred on your board. I will look into it after receving the Pro license

Thanks
Ad

Welcome Ad Bakker! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart allows for an unlimited number of "Customer Groups". Once these have been created, the admin may move any customer to one or more of these groups.

A customer who is assigned to a group or groups, enjoys:

* A specific pricing schedule per customer group as set in the Product settings pages

** All assigned groups will be searched for the lowest price

** This mod will offer discounts not based on the product's price schedules to certain customer groups

** This mod will restrict the viewing/purchasing of a category of products to certain customer groups

** Similar mods exist to restrict available methods to pay (gateways) and available methods to ship (shipping) to certain customer groups

Instructions on how to proceed are gladly given.